Citizenship interview

Guest Invisible Fish

The children don't have to do anything if they're under 18, they're just included in your citizenship. We sat the test and submitted all our documentation the same day. It's not an interview as such, Hubby and I each sat down with a different person (as both applying for citizenship), who checked our test results, and the forms for citizenship and the accompanying documentation, marriage certificate for me as my name had obviously changed, birth certificate, passports. Mine took a little longer as i'd put the childrens names on my form (so they had to check their birth certificates etc., too). You then get notification back that everything is ok - took a couple of weeks for ours, and then you can apply for your citizenship ceremony. You're not officially a citizen until you've had the ceremony

Guest Invisible Fish

Thanks for the reply Ali.

Our son is 17 and has been given a date for his interview. He has his own application and didn't go on ours. The rules are different if your children are between 16-18. We've already done our citizenship test.

So can anyone who's children were between 16-18 and went for the interview fill me in on what questions they ask?

Many thanks.

Archived