Thornlie, Perth, WA

Guest phil woods

Guest phil woods

Hi all, I posted on here a few months ago. Myself and my family are coming over to WA in the next few months. I am Australian although I havent lived there since I was a kid. My kids have got dual citizenship and my wifes visa app is in (married 11 years, 4 kids etc etc).

I am over in WA on 1st Feb for two weeks for a job interview and assessment. I have left myself a week for a bit of a jolly really so that I can look around and get a little bit of a feel for the place again.

My question is this.....

Thornlie seems to have reasonable house prices, by that I mean they are slightly cheaper, its close to the city so what is the catch??

Does anyone on here live there, have they lived there? Can someone tell me a little bit about the area?

Thanks in advance people

Phil :biggrin:

Hi, I have just bought a house in thornlie and really like it here. Good transport links, big growth potential. Thornlie is a big suburb and some parts are nicer than others. Forest lakes estate is prob one of the nicest areas. Good luck with the move , C

Guest phil woods

Thats brilliant that, thanks for the reply.

I currently live in maghull, liverpool so i want a good school for my 4 kids like they have here. There are some amazimg houses advertised there so fingers crossed ill have a good look around when im over.

Thanks again

i have been here nearly 3 yrs and lived in thornlie for 18months [friends been there for years ] ......we were in forest lakes defo value for money ....older houses with bigger blocks .....castle glen and crestwood are also good estates ....anything over spencer road i would not recommend as this is the older part ....plenty of shopping around .....5 mins to roe highway .....20 mins to airport ...all in all very central ...we are currently renting in canning vale but looking to buy in forest lakes :cute:

forest lakes primary school has an excellent rep

mrs keily

Guest phil woods

Thanks for the replies people, they are really helpful.

I liked the idea of thornlie due to the fact that it was relatively close to the city and the house prices seemed more reasonable than the likes of mullaloo where i originally wanted to live.

Im not bothered about living by the coast, im not bothered building or buying an established home.

My only wants are good schools and good transport to the city. I also need a 5 bedroom house preferably with a good size plot for a pool or a house with a pool. Im open to suggestions.

I originally considered buying inland in the hope i would get more home for my money.

Thanks again people

Archived