Can my 19 year old get a moped/motorbike?

cartertucker

Does he have a motorbike endorsement? If so he can transfer that across, if not he'll have to do a test or a continuous assessment (I did that, lessons followed by a half day assessment by my instructor that I was compentant to ride, no test involved, but took a lot longer than just rocking up to the RTA and getting a test). Laws are different in each state, in QLD, for instance, you can't ride a motorbike unsupervised on a L plate (I think you can ride a moped up to 50cc alone though), but I believe in other states you can depending on the engine size. The RTA website of whichever state will have all the info you need.

Does he have a motorbike endorsement? If so he can transfer that across, if not he'll have to do a test or a continuous assessment (I did that, lessons followed by a half day assessment by my instructor that I was compentant to ride, no test involved, but took a lot longer than just rocking up to the RTA and getting a test). Laws are different in each state, in QLD, for instance, you can't ride a motorbike unsupervised on a L plate (I think you can ride a moped up to 50cc alone though), but I believe in other states you can depending on the engine size. The RTA website of whichever state will have all the info you need.

No motorbike endorsment, he only drove a car in the Uk

Thankyou for the info, we are in WA

Archived