Airport Hotel Recommendations

gaunty

Hi All

We'll be arriving in Melbourne from the UK in March next year and we've a 5 and 2 yr old. We get in at 8pm ish from Dubai and we're hoping to get an airport hotel room for the night to crash in before picking up a hire car and driving down the GO Road.

Anyone got any recommendations for hotels that we should look into or any that might be a little further afield that do a reliable pickup (given that our kids will want to be in bed as soon as possible)?

Regards

Gaunty

Hi Gaunty

Earlier this year, we were in Melbourne and had to catch an early flight to Sydney. Rather than get up early and fight the Monday morning traffic, we decided to stay in a hotel near the airport.

I think it was called Park Royal and you literally walk across the road outside the terminal and it is where the car park is. It is not cheap (I think we paid about 120 pounds - booked via expedia) but was for only one night, so paid it for the convenience.

I think there is a Holiday Inn close to the airport (possibly walking distance) and many others that have shuttle buses, but not sure on the frequency / reliability of these.

For convenience, I would definately recommend the hotel across the road from the terminal and it is a nice hotel. Check different websites for prices though, as some quoted cheaper rates than others.

Archived