That moral obligation question -again!

winkle100

Guest VickyMel

This was written on our grant notification:

Your visa has been granted on the basis of a nomination by a State or Territory government.

States and Territories providing nomination require applicants to agree to:

● remain in the State or Territory for a period of at least two (2) years;

● keep the State or Territory government informed of changes in address details before and after arrival; and

● be prepared to complete surveys and provide information as required.

Guest VickyMel

We notified the state we had arrived - as we were requested to do. Since getting VIC SS (in 2009) VIC have been in contact with us a number of times checking to see whether we had our visa and if we had entered Oz. We contacted them as soon as we arrived in VIC as they had requested us to do.

We have had a couple of emails since confirming other details and when we changed address.

We were contacted by email re the surveys.

I predict that one day the State Sponsored 176 visa will disappear, and we'll move to the subclass 475 only - which requires visaholders to only live and work in regional Australia, and is a provisional visa: permanent residency usually follows after the 475 visaholder has lived in the regional area for at least a couple of years.

This would change the dynamics for those who apply to one State for sponsorship, and then move to another within a short period of time without fear of the visa consequence.

Best regards.

I predict that one day the State Sponsored 176 visa will disappear, and we'll move to the subclass 475 only - which requires visaholders to only live and work in regional Australia, and is a provisional visa: permanent residency usually follows after the 475 visaholder has lived in the regional area for at least a couple of years.

This would change the dynamics for those who apply to one State for sponsorship, and then move to another within a short period of time without fear of the visa consequence.

Best regards.

Alan going back to the original question what's your stance on the matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best regards.

Hi, I applied & got SS from State A. I am a skilled Engineer-my skills was and is in CSL. However,after trying to get a job in that state for 8 months, I am going to another state where I have a very good offer. Just to keep my commitment to the SS State, I was very flexible about salary and work. Still failed to get a job in my skills area.

How should I feel? I guess there are others like me too.

The S S state should consider these factors too.

Guest The Pom Queen
vickymel you say you filled out 2 surveys in 4 months but have no copies of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is normal to receive the surveys, why on earth would you want her to provide you the info, do you not believe this happens?

The above post has been cut to only show half my post!

Of course I believe it happens I am simply interested in the procedure as the rest of my post says.

People quite often chop off part of a quote if its not the bit they are replying to. I know I do it all the time.

FWIW, earlier in the thread, when asked about the format and if it was possible to show them, a reply was posted by vickymel

They were online I didn't copy them.

If its a survey done online I'd see no reason to copy and save it to file or anything like that. If it was an application form being submitted, different story, but surveys are not something you'd really think to store anywhere.

Hi, I applied & got SS from State A. I am a skilled Engineer-my skills was and is in CSL. However,after trying to get a job in that state for 8 months, I am going to another state where I have a very good offer. Just to keep my commitment to the SS State, I was very flexible about salary and work. Still failed to get a job in my skills area.

How should I feel? I guess there are others like me too.[/Quote]

Hi, I have a problem with people getting state sponsorship and not intending to go there or not giving it a fair go!! But i think you have done all you can to get a job in the sponsored state, and for this reason i feel it would be perfectly reasonable to take up a job offer in a different state, as long as you inform the department you are leaving and explain, i don't think many people can argue with this.

I wish you luck

Thanks for understanding. My skills are in demand in almost all states and I had a reason for applying to that particular state (my company has a branch there). However, when I finally got the visa and when I was ready to go that branch ran out of vacancies. I tried elsewhere in the state, but not successful. However I got job offers from two other states. If I do not accept one of these offers, I am not sure when the opportunity will come again. Certainly there are some others in my situation. But not everyone....

Archived