Manufacturing jobs

k8bug79

Helo,

We are hoping to go to Melbourne eventually (who knows if we'll ever make it at the rate we're going!!) My husband works in manufacturing, currently making air filters, operating machines etc. Can anyone in a similar industry tell me a good place to keep an eye out for jobs, any advice on companies to watch and even better anyone who may recruit in the UK????

Thanks for your help

Helo,

We are hoping to go to Melbourne eventually (who knows if we'll ever make it at the rate we're going!!) My husband works in manufacturing, currently making air filters, operating machines etc. Can anyone in a similar industry tell me a good place to keep an eye out for jobs, any advice on companies to watch and even better anyone who may recruit in the UK????

Thanks for your help

Firms over here generally recruit through local agencies for manual work. That way they have an opportunity to assess the calibre of the individual before committing.

Not sure of who's hiring at this stage (manufacturing is pretty flat at the moment)...but industry is heavy in Dandenong, Geelong and up around the airport. Not sure of other areas......but certainly Dandenong is worth a look especially if you are looking to migrate to the South East of Melbourne as many newcomers do.

Archived