? on having a case officer

melbourners hopefully

HI,

I have been reading a few threads on hear about receiving a case officer. We sent our application on the 31st of May and it was received at the Aspc on the 5th of June , we got an acknowledgement and file number on the 31st of August and are still waiting for a case officer.

On some threads it has been said that we may have a case officer and not know that we have{ I would love to think that was true**, but my question is this :

They have our application, we have emailed police checks and the medicals were received at the LCU on the 18th of September,

But how would the Case officer know we have sent our Medicals off if we have one, as we havn,t told anybody at the ASPC that they were sent, should we have sent them an email letting them know or should we just wait and see if they get requested , at least then we will know for certain we have a Case officer . :wacko:

I always thought that they tie up your medicals with your visa application by your passport number.

When you fill in the first section of the forms for the medicals, you have to write your passport number on each page.

I wish you luck - Joanne

Hi, Joanne,

Yey I think when the medicals are processed they will send them to the ASPC and they will get tied up to our application as we did put the passport number and file reference on top of all the pages but up to now I think there only processing up to the 28th of August [our meds sent 18th Sept],so basicly I think we should only presume that we havn,t got a Case officer yet as they havn,t been requested.

Guest Kathryn
Hi, Joanne,

Yey I think when the medicals are processed they will send them to the ASPC and they will get tied up to our application as we did put the passport number and file reference on top of all the pages but up to now I think there only processing up to the 28th of August [our meds sent 18th Sept],so basicly I think we should only presume that we havn,t got a Case officer yet as they havn,t been requested.

Hello Melbourners,

If you send health and medical checks prior to request, you will not receive any communication from your case officer (and therefore not know that you "have" one) until either a)a decision is made or b)further information is required. The DIAC does not contact you to tell you who is in charge of your case, nor when someone has been put in charge of your case.

There is little chance that your health and character checks will not be matched up with your file (as they are linked by file number). If you receive a request letter, then you will know that something has gone wrong and they have not arrived properly.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for the Reply and it dose help a little bit, but can you tell me how does the case officer know we have sent the medicals to the LCU as ours arrived on the 18th of September does the LCU let the ASPC know they have received medicals for a certain file number on the day they are recorded by computer.

Thanks Sean

Guest kimdownie

Hi there

As you can see from our timeline below we now have our visa (YIPEE)

We front loaded all our meds and police checks with no case file reference number. According to our panel doctor it is easier to trace with just your passport number.

When we got our case officer their letter requested our police checks and meds, so all we did was sent an email reply saying that they had already been sent with our passport numbers as a reference, other than them acknowledging that they had got them we had no further contact until 4 weeks later when we got our VISA, so dont worry.

good luck

kim

Guest Kathryn
Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for the Reply and it dose help a little bit, but can you tell me how does the case officer know we have sent the medicals to the LCU as ours arrived on the 18th of September does the LCU let the ASPC know they have received medicals for a certain file number on the day they are recorded by computer.

Thanks Sean

I am not sure exactly how the LCU and the ASPC communicate, but if you know that the medicals have been received you don't have anything to worry about. The LCU will let the case officer know whether or not the health requirement has been met, and the case officer will go from there.

Best,

Guest longland

hi melbourners

we too seem to be on a similar timescale to you, our application was May and our acknowledgement with file case no was August. Our police checks and meds have been preloaded and we have emailed LCU who confirmed that our meds have been finalised and passed to ASPC. Contacted ASPC who advised that they have everything but we are still awaiting a case officer. We are a 136 skilled visa (not MODL). We are waiting for that call or email to say we have a case officer but its a very long wait. How long does it usually take?

Maria

Archived