Australia and the Australians >9 months in

Guest Nottinghampoms

Guest Nottinghampoms

What I have discovered:

1. They have an outwardly positive view at work

2. They whinge when they know they trust you

3. In Melbourne and many parts of Australia there really seems so fewer people. This is often refreshing. But the bustle of Britain is sometimes interesting, people watching is more of an art form in the UK.

4. I.T. is not an established industry

5. Australians are more relaxed especially with the driving on wider roads.

6. Austalians are more serious

7. Melbourne is a cross between a Spanish city and an American city, heritage and greenery.

8. All t.v. is poor once you are used to having discovery, entertainment and sports cable.

9. Victoria has a very British feel.

10. Sydney has an international feel but more confined.

11. Telecoms is less competitive so broadband and home phone is not available at the same competitave rates

12. Australians do not mind the English at all.

13. There is a large variety of beer and pale ale but it takes some seeking to find a really special beer

14. Australians watch less T.V.

15. Australians are foodies.

16. Life can seem costly but if you are D.I.N.K.Y. and not running a car or if so a very small car you can save $1000's per year.

17. Housing is expensive for anything approaching a desirable house.

18. Australians aren't a happy bunch and have gripes of their own but recognise they are better off than U.S. and Europe at this point in history.

19. Multiculturalism is very much alive in Australia though different to the U.K. The Lebanese, Greeks, Somalians, English, Chinese, Vietnamese are amongst the largest peoples fully part of Australian life after historic waves of immigration.

20. Sports is all year-round and equally supported especially in Melbourne. AFL, followed by Philip island GP, horse racing and soccer followed by cricket and tennis, F1 and V8s.:radar:

Guest guest59177

1. They have an outwardly positive view at work

Ummm what's an 'outwardly positive view at work'????

4. I.T. is not an established industry

NOT agreed. IT is THRIVING. Especially in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, and Brisbane.

5. Australians are more relaxed especially with the driving on wider roads.

I wouldn't ascribe everything I see on the roads to 'Australians'. I have seen foreign students driving like trash on the roads. It would be sad to think less of 'Australians' because of that.

6. Austalians are more serious

Errrr how so? Any specific examples?

8. All t.v. is poor once you are used to having discovery, entertainment and sports cable.

I DID wonder why I only got 13 channels in ALL at my furnished apartment...

10. Sydney has an international feel but more confined.

Never felt confined...

14. Australians watch less T.V.

C'mon, how can you say that??

15. Australians are foodies.

How so??

18. Australians aren't a happy bunch and have gripes of their own but recognise they are better off than U.S. and Europe at this point in history.

Aren't a happy bunch??? What makes you say so?