So Confused!! Please help!

Guest wrags

Hi Guys please could someone giv this dumb bunny some advice please? :eek:

We hav had our 457 visa application lodged today but we need to sort out health insurance for the application! :confused:

I hav been told that we will be entitled to medicare once we enroll over there but what do I do in the meantime for the visa application?

I'v been told that travel insurance will do for the visa to be granted but when I get quotes they want a return date and when do I start it from? :err:

We are hoping that if all goes well then we want to leave the UK around the 8th Jan, do I start it from there?

Our migration agent said 8 weeks should do but what if the visa takes longer to process and we dont get out there on the 8th jan?

Please help for my brain really doesn't want to play any more! :wacko:

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help! :notworthy:

Cheers, Kim xx

Guest Pixie10

Hi im not certain but I think only Permant Residence (PR) visas such as 175/176 are entitled to medicare, check this out http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/457-health-insurance-faq-visa-holder.htm it tells you which insurance you need. I think you need health insurance not travel insurance??

As for travel insurance- google one way travel insurance- a few come up like Go Walkabout. that should cover you for you journey and until your health insurance kicks in.

Also try searching this forum for 457 health insurance....

Good luckx

We fly the 8th Jan too!

Thanks for your replies guys,

I have arranged some cover with Bupa,as we needed to get something done asap so we bit the bullet! And they were great!! :jiggy:

I have set it to start on the 22nd Dec as this was the latest they could do but there is a 28 day cooling off period so if we for some reason (and hopefully not!! :twitcy:) we don't get the 457 then we can cancel the insurance before with no penalties! But hopefully it will all go through ok?! :v_SPIN:

It has cost £580 for 3 months which I didn't think was too bad and again they won't take that until the policy starts!! :jiggy:

OMG what with house sale, working from home in the busiest period for my work, visa's, poorly kids I don't think I can take much more!!! lol :twitcy:

Am hoping it will all be worth it in the end! Fingers crossed for us al!! :biggrin:

Keep me posted on how you get on and on how many bottles of wine you guys are goiing through!! Mine is reaching dangerous new heights!! :err: lol

Thanks again for your replies, and good luck to us all! :notworthy:

Kim xxxxxxxxxxxx

Archived