Australian TV looking for participants

Guest Alexchannel7sydney

Guest Alexchannel7sydney

Hi everyone,

My name is Alex, I am a producer for Channel 7's "Sunday Night" public affairs program based in Sydney Australia.

I am researching a story on migrants who move from the Uk to Australia as well as those who decide it wasnt right and move back home.

I will be putting together an informative story which will look at all the issues faced when moving abroad.

I am looking for families and individuals from all walks of life who are prepared to take part in this story.

For more info please drop me line,

pomsmoving2oz@gmail.com

Cheers

Alex

Hi Alex

You might get more joy if you amend your email address to Britsmoving2oz. If you read some of the posts on this forum, you'll find that people from the UK don't take kindly to be referred to as "Poms". It's OK for us to name our forum "PomsinOz" but alot of us consider the use of the term "Pom" racist...

Bearing in mind that your fellow countrymen also like to stereotype us as first class whingers (especially commercial TV channels), I doubt if there'll be many volunteers willing to comment "negatively" on their experience of moving to Australia.

Hi everyone,

My name is Alex, I am a producer for Channel 7's "Sunday Night" public affairs program based in Sydney Australia.

I am researching a story on migrants who move from the Uk to Australia as well as those who decide it wasnt right and move back home.

I will be putting together an informative story which will look at all the issues faced when moving abroad.

I am looking for families and individuals from all walks of life who are prepared to take part in this story.

For more info please drop me line,

pomsmoving2oz@gmail.com

Cheers

Alex

Guest Alexchannel7sydney

Hi Loopylu,

Thanks for you feedback. Yes fair point, and noted. I wish i had your council before i set up the email address. Certainly didn't intend to offend.

I did consider naming the email address as you suggested, but end up following the name of this website.

Just in keeping with the name i thought.

I am not looking for negative stories, i don't think there is such a thing, but i am sure there are stories or plans that have'nt gone according to plan and at the same time there will be stories which have ended up well. Not to over simplify the issue.

I do have a channel 7 email address if anyone would prefer to contact me on.

Thanks and Regards

Alex

Archived