Holiday Melbourne to Tasmania

marta

I have been in love with Tasmania for a while now and as we are kind of nearby we thought we should start having a look in January. So my partner and I are planning a trip to the northeastern part, going out from Melbourne. I am just about to order some brochures if there are any but still would like to ask if someone has a tip for us as to what to see and what to do. We were thinking of something like a walking holiday but nothing too stressful where we could see a bit of the lovely countryside.

For example, I would like to know:

1. Is it necessary to rent a car to get around, say when we arrive in Launceston? Is there a coach?

2. Or would you rather recommend a different part of Tasmania such as flying to Hobart and starting from there on the other half of Tasmania?

Sorry if my questions sound stupid I was just hoping someone living in Tasmania might be able to pass on some insider tips. And as Siamsusie is not online any more unfortunately I cannot ask here.

Many thanks in advance!!!:wubclub:

A lot depends on how long you're planning on going for - I'd suggest hiring a car (or if you can get a good deal on the spirit, maybe taking your own over with you!)

There's loads to see in tassie, I adore Freycinet (east coast), but Strahan (west coast) is stunning as well. There's lots and lots of little places to see - Wynyard is nice, and has some easy drives out from there (and there's a good motel right on the shoreline - and I mean RIGHT on the shoreline!)

You can't go without seeing Cradle Mountain, but Hobart's pretty as well.

So much to see, so little time!

(Oh and there's a lovely little vinyard somewhere that does really gorgeous Olive oil - Jinglers Creek )

I could go on for hours....

Guest plannerOH

tassie is fantastic... make sure you get to Port Arthur, Lake St Clair and Table Mountain.. stunning. You will love it.

Archived