Areas In WA - Family and Work in mind.

Guest Ewan

Hello everyone!

I am looking for a bit of advise here, we have just started the visa process going down the 176 route.

With this in mind the state which is most likely to sponsor us is WA, we are more than happy with this but would like the views of people in WA regarding areas that are best suited to UK Expats with a young family (3 kids 10, 7 & 3)

We have started to reseach the area on more detail and have been drawn to Fremantle and Bunbury, can anyone give us feedback on these areas / suggest alternatives.

Getting the family settled is one of my main drivers along with work so any information with regards to Oil and Gas, Uitlity, Pharma and Chemical industries in WA would also be very helpful.

Thanks

Ewan:wink:

There are so many nice areas that it really is difficult to say to you which is better than another and it does depend on what else you're going to be doing or what you need.

Out of your two examples for me it's Fremantle, because it's closer to the city/airport etc., Bunbury is about 3 hours away and it's a lovely town with everything you need ... but for me too far away from the CBD because that's where we do most of our things (e.g. concerts, football and cricket games, concerts etc.,).

I live in Leeming - we fell on this by chance once I got a job - it was in the circle of suburbs that provided less than a 30 min commute to work, We didn't necessarily want to live near a beach - but find we're less than 20 mins away from the nearest and also less than 20 mins drive into the city (10 by train).

Guest antipope

Have you considered the Rockingham area? We arrived here 6 weeks ago from the uk and love the area, we have kids of 10 and 12 and the area is perfect for them, lots of good schools and amenities and 4 great beaches only 5 minutes from where we live. Sounds like it could be a good fit for you too as the kwinana industrial area is only 10 minutes away and has the Oil and Gas, Uitlity, Pharma and Chemical industries you mentioned, i'm working there myself as a chemical formulator (with no prior experience) at the moment until I can find more suitable work.