Orthodontist Cover WA?

Scarby

Hi, We have just moved from the UK to Perth, my son is only 9 but I know in the future he is going to need braces fitted, I have been trying to look into dental cover but not sure whether orthodontal treatment is covered, or can you just pay for the treatment in installments when its being done? Any info would be great thanks,

Celia

Guest Beth101

Hi Celia,

Have you had a look at the 'Extras' covers you can get with health insurance. We have a policy with HBA which has Orthodontic cover as an Extra, however there is a 12 month wait period before you make an Orthodontic claim, and they only cover a certain percentage of the treatment cost. You can pay for the treatment as it is being done, however it can be expensive so you would probably want to have as much as possible covered by the policy.

Hi Celia,

Have you had a look at the 'Extras' covers you can get with health insurance. We have a policy with HBA which has Orthodontic cover as an Extra, however there is a 12 month wait period before you make an Orthodontic claim, and they only cover a certain percentage of the treatment cost. You can pay for the treatment as it is being done, however it can be expensive so you would probably want to have as much as possible covered by the policy.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, I will take a look at that, I had heard that braces are really expensive so definitely worth getting as much cover as I can for the treatment, thanks again,

Celia

Archived