TRA Advice guys please

mdmx33

Hi Guys

I am in the process of completing my tra assessment. I started it in May but for one reason or another didnt get it sent off in time. I am now full steam ahead in trying to get this posted off as soon as possible.

I am applying as a GasFitter and have done the job in total 7 years including my apprenticeship. I am based in the UK and have all qualification/certificates required for my trade here.

I am a little confused regarding the points advice test and the standard TRA application. It seems a little more complicated now than it did earlier on in the year. Can anyone please advise me of the process as i am finding the new TRA website and documents a little difficult to navigate and understand.

Thanks in advance guys for your help.

Nick:wacko:

Hi mate. Which parts are you finding confusing? Unless its changed from earlier in the year all I needed to send off was certified copies of my qualifications and other documents, a letter from my employer confirming my apprenticeship with them and my tasks undertertaken at work. There may be a couple more, but that's the main things.

I sent them just before I left for Aus on my WHV, and not long after I got my certificate delivered to my address over here.

Thats my plan dude, I've my WHV in place. Just want to get my tra done so I can apply for 175 before I leave like, dont want to run the risk of having to come home!

So far I have got...

A letter from employer stating my job and dates i started training and when i was made up to fully qualified person.

All certs copied and certified

Passport

Gas safe certified

Payslips showing pay increases over the years certified

I have done a statatory declaration for my training as my employer will not give me a break down of my training!!

Anything else I need apart from the application form.

I have seen something about another test where you apply for a Migration Points Advice?? This is what I fail to understand. really hope someone here can help and point me in direction. Dont want to pay agent for the TRA, I will however use agent for the visa itself. Pal of mine from work has given me his TRA application so the training side of things should get accepted being as were very very similar.

It sounds like you are pretty good to go. Just make sure you have everything needed on the list as it will only delay the whole application.

If your employer isnt playing ball and wont give you statements, why dont you conider speaking to them and seeing if you can write it (tasks undertaken etc) then give it to them and let them sign it off.

If they agree with what has been written there shouldnt be a problem.

I cant help you in regards to the points test im afraid, but im sure somebody else can.

Archived