Scenic World in Katoomba, Blue Mountains NSW

3FatCats

So since being here in Sydney these past two months we have been trying to explore a bit during our weekends. This past one we took a trip out to the Blue Mountains, approx 50 min drive from Sydney, to Katoomba. Here you can see the famous Three Sisters rock formation and a great view over the Jameson Valley. The best way to do this is the Scenic World ride, a combination of cable cars and railway rides, you can spend all day and get absolutely stunning views!

We can thoroughly recommend a day out here for couples or families, the railway ride is really exciting!!!

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

Guest The Pom Queen

I've known a few people who have gone and loved it, thanks for sharing and glad you had a great day. Isn't it the train that is suppose to have a steep incline?

Guest Guest16631

................the zig zag railway and jenolan caves are worth a visit.....................both near Blue mtns..............did a couple of pics in my 'a day out album'

................the zig zag railway and jenolan caves are worth a visit.....................both near Blue mtns..............did a couple of pics in my 'a day out album'

Thanks Tink!! I have seen these on t'internet and they are on my next weekend trip list!!! We had to come back to a dinner in Sydney in the evening so we didn't drive on to Jenolan. Looks like they even have concerts inside the actual caves which must be something to see. We did look in on Leura village on the way back, verrry pretty place.

Guest Guest16631

...........the botanic gardens at mt Tomah are supposed to be fantastic....................still havn't got there yet ......................but seen some great photo's.............

Archived