Importing my cat to Australia

Guest vpappas

Guest vpappas

Hello everyone!

Im trying to import my cat to Australia and I am a little confused with the paper work that need to be done. I have finished off with the RNATT and have the declaration form of an official vet. What confuses me is step 17 in the link below:

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs/countries/cat4/info-pack-4#5

It says that 4 days prior to export that I must bring the animal and all documentation (e.g. vaccination certificates, laboratory reports) to this inspection. The animal must be free from clinical signs of infectious or contagious diseases.

Do I have to take it to an Official Government Veterinarian????

I'm asking because There isn't an OGV in the city I live in. Please help me understand this step.

Eager to get replies that have dealt with the paper work themselves since it's expensive to get a company to do this for me.

Thanking you in advance XX

The type of vet you are talking about is an LVI and they are based at most vets in UK so there should be one close to you.

Worth noting that it is not that expensive to use a shipper and for a little bit more we take the pressure off you and spot mistakes before you will. For example - if you have paperwork and have applied for permit, then we charge £75 to complete the 4 day check with one of our government vets. Most vets will charge more than this and we apply for the paperwork also.

Email us for a quote and we can help