Canadian Criminal Check

mtlboi

Guest Aussie2B
hey Karen i checked that website and i went to the local police station and asked them for the fingerprints they said can't do overseas finger print service.....do you know where i can do the finger print service...my tourist visa is expiring in 3 days...i need to apply for the partner visa before that....thank you...!:)

I think you should just try a few other police stations until you found one that can help you with your fingerprints. There are a lot of students in Australia that require this service for their student visas, so it's a pretty 'standard' procedure at several Australian police stations. Where in Australia are you at the moment? I got mine done at the local police station in Maroubra (Sydney) and you can just walk in there and they will help you right there and then. You just have to make sure you have EVERYTHING with you (forms, bank cheque, pre-paid envelope etc.), because they will not give the fingerprints back to you. They will post it to Canada themselves along with your other documents (hence the pre-paid envelope)...

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ciaram
hey thank you so much that's really helpful....!!:)

I recently (as in, just last week) used this exact service (fingerscan.ca). What a life saver! I sent them my ink prints by courier on Tuesday (from Dublin, Ireland, €28 with DHL) and by Thursday they had received them, digitized them, submitted to the RCMP and even sent me a confirmation letter from the RCMP all in one day! Whole thing (excluding postage) cost $150.

Background:

My visa was due to be approved at the end of this month (July 2012) when my C/O contacted me to say I had the wrong Canadian police check (I had name-check only, he needed print background check, big mixup, long irrelevant story).

Anyway, while the RCMP website says 11weeks.. that is just a guide as to how long it will take them to enter you in their system (ie retrieve your envelope from the mail room and actually open it). The backlog for processing is actually way longer, like on the government of Canada website it currently states processing times as being a minimum of 150 DAYS!! http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/australia-australie/assets/pdfs/instructions_police_RCMP-en.pdf

(Im not supposed to post links yet as Im new to the forum, but maybe in the interest of relevance and pertinence they'll make an exception for this one, regardless, if the link is still here, scroll to the bottom and read the print in bold).

In a panic I was going to book a flight over from Ireland just to get my prints scanned when I discovered the service mentioned by NYC Planner. There are actually several accredited Canadian companies who will digitize your ink prints and submit them electronically for you, for a fee. This is specifically designed for people living abroad or living in rural areas of Canada who may not have local access to this type of service. I used fingerscan.ca and I really must commend their efficiency, as mentioned above they did the whole thing in one day. I am now just waiting for the RCMP to mail me my results (which should take about 2 weeks general mail - the RCMP dont offer a courier service).

Whatever way you look at it, these guys either saved me an additional 5 months waiting, (when my visa was already so close). or they saved me the $1000 I was about to pay to fly over to Toronto for one day to get this thing done.. not to mention the interrogation I would have got at the airport as to why I was flying the whole way across the planet to visit for only a single day. Maybe I've been watching too much Border Patrol but that may not have ended well for my internal cavities :eek:

Guest ciaram

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Hi all,

Just letting you know I got my RCMP Police Check results back today. Less than 2 weeks since I sent them off from Ireland. Here is the timeline;

Tues July 3rd 2012 - Sent Ink Finger Prints via Courier (DHL) from Dublin, Ireland to Finger Scan in Toronto, Canada

Thurs July 5th 2012 - Received email from Finger Scan confirming receipt of prints, with an attached confirmation letter from RCMP saying that my prints had been processed and hardcopy results being sent to me.

Mon July 16th- Received RCMP Police Check Results in the post. I have already forwarded them on to my case officer in London.

So relieved to have found this service, I cannot begin to stress just how much stress it saved me. For anyone looking for more information on the service read on;

The reason ink prints take so long is that the RCMP has to first digitize them to enter them into the system and check them electronically. This creates a backlog. The following is a link to the canada gov site that details info about the RCMP Fingerprinting process..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob116.asp

At the bottom if this page there is are 3 links to accredited companies that provide live scan services. Some of these companies also provide a service where they can digitize your ink prints for you, and submit them to the RCMP electronically (thus eliminating the need for the RCMP to do so, and presto, 3-5 months becomes 3-5 days!

One of the links on the bottom of the CIC page will bring you to the clearneed.com website, you can find a list of their locations / affiliates here; http://www.clearneed.com/english/affiliate_services/affiliates.html

I havent checked out all of these, but I know that both Reliability Screening Solutions and Worldwide Forensic Service (ie Fingerscan.ca) provide the digitizing of ink prints service. I personally used Worldwide Forensic aka; fingerscan.ca and as I said above, got my results back in just under 2 weeks.

If this info helps even one person in the way it saved me then it is well worth the excessively long posting =) Thank you NYCPlanner for the original link.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Archived