What to do with medicines!

Natnats

It's exhausting, but you will get it all done! I had packed a large collection of ceramic items in bubble wrap and then in boxes, so the boxes then went in bigger boxes so will be well protected. I had 2 plastic boxes with lids that I'd thrown sentimental stuff, thick envelopes of photos etc in and they just wrapped those up as there was nothing breakable. I had a huge box of kitchen stuff and the guy asked if it was OK to send like that but I said noooo, there's a blender in there and all kinds! So they re-wrapped that lot for us, and that huge box is now the living room table!

We'd put all our clothes in bin bags, and these were packed in amongst other stuff to act as padding. Living room cushions were stuffed into the telly unit, and I'd put the kingsize duvet in the laundry bin and it was just wrapped up which was perfect.

I already miss my Dunlopillo pillow and the bed - going back to a double is murder as hubby curls up to sleep and I have no space :mad:

Guest marriedtheenglish
It's exhausting, but you will get it all done! I had packed a large collection of ceramic items in bubble wrap and then in boxes, so the boxes then went in bigger boxes so will be well protected. I had 2 plastic boxes with lids that I'd thrown sentimental stuff, thick envelopes of photos etc in and they just wrapped those up as there was nothing breakable. I had a huge box of kitchen stuff and the guy asked if it was OK to send like that but I said noooo, there's a blender in there and all kinds! So they re-wrapped that lot for us, and that huge box is now the living room table!

We'd put all our clothes in bin bags, and these were packed in amongst other stuff to act as padding. Living room cushions were stuffed into the telly unit, and I'd put the kingsize duvet in the laundry bin and it was just wrapped up which was perfect.

I already miss my Dunlopillo pillow and the bed - going back to a double is murder as hubby curls up to sleep and I have no space :mad:

Wow, so you have actually sorted quite a bit of it - they told us to leave it and they will do it all - including taking down our beds etc, which I'm so pleased about, cos that is a ****E job!

We won't even have a bed, so feel better about your double! We are leaving a double behind, and our couches, so we will be on the couches and my parents will be in the double! Uncomfortable.com!

Yeah, tbh I was concerned about my ceramic items as many are irreplacable and although we've insured them I'd rather have them intact than go through the hassle of replacing them - if possible! So I wrapped the really well which took ages, and I'd bought a massive roll of bubble wrap and several smallish boxes from Ikea to do it! A box inside a box should be great protection :o)

We took the bed frame apart as I'd read packers won't disassemble furniture - it was a pain but had to be done as the frame wouldn't have got downstairs in one piece! The mattress weighs an absolute ton so we just slid it off the bed and leaned it on the wall and let the packers take it from there!

Guest marriedtheenglish
Yeah, tbh I was concerned about my ceramic items as many are irreplacable and although we've insured them I'd rather have them intact than go through the hassle of replacing them - if possible! So I wrapped the really well which took ages, and I'd bought a massive roll of bubble wrap and several smallish boxes from Ikea to do it! A box inside a box should be great protection :o)

We took the bed frame apart as I'd read packers won't disassemble furniture - it was a pain but had to be done as the frame wouldn't have got downstairs in one piece! The mattress weighs an absolute ton so we just slid it off the bed and leaned it on the wall and let the packers take it from there!

Gotcha - fair enough! We thought we didn't have much value in our stuff, but once we added it all up it came to heaps! So the insurance cost a fortune too - although Moving Partnership did match our quote from an independent agency which was good.

They told me they would take the frame apart, but if we get a chance, we'll do it ourselves... I hate Ikea stuff, it's such a pain to do, but I will if it helps them out!

Archived