Ancestors

Guest Matt F

Guest Matt F

Hi all,

I need a generous favour from a stranger for my dear old Mum who is searching out our ancestors.

She is tracking our family tree and has found some decedents who emigrated to Tasmania.

She would like a photo of a portrait of Katherine Chapman (nee Swan) by Conway Hart that is hanging in the Art Gallery of the Tasmanian Museum at Hobart.

We have contacted the museum, however they are unable to take the picture themselves.

If I could give her this picture for a Christmas present it would mean so much to her and help her close a long term project.

Your hopefully

Matt

Hi all,

She would like a photo of a portrait of Katherine Chapman (nee Swan) by Conway Hart that is hanging in the Art Gallery of the Tasmanian Museum at Hobart.

We have contacted the museum, however they are unable to take the picture themselves.

Matt

Hello Matt,

I am wondering if the TMAG gave you a reason for being unable to take the picture themselves? The reason I am asking is that the museum and art gallery are being redevelopped and I understood that the paintings have been put into storage while construction work is being done in the art gallery wing.

Vivien

Hobart

Hello Matt,

I am wondering if the TMAG gave you a reason for being unable to take the picture themselves? The reason I am asking is that the museum and art gallery are being redevelopped and I understood that the paintings have been put into storage while construction work is being done in the art gallery wing.

Vivien

Hobart

They didn't give a reason, however the short reply we got may be explained of they are busy renovating!

Hoping the painting doesn't get filed away now...

Matt

They didn't give a reason, however the short reply we got may be explained of they are busy renovating!

Hoping the painting doesn't get filed away now...

Matt

Next time I am in town I'll have a look and check if the portraits are still accessible to the public.

Archived