where you ship from matters...

julie38

Hi

after emailing back and forth i found out that we take our things over to the Uk first we save 1100 pounds.John-mason said it was because i did not have a full container to go direct from calais that made the cost of going from France vary so much from the Uk.as we only live in the very north of France i think we will look into taking our things to my sisters first.On the bright side at least we will have sorted out exactly what we are taking.We have been quoted 2600 for 583 cu ft, from France it was 3734 pounds...my symbols have decided to stop working on me.

julie:biggrin:

The other issue with shipping part loads to Australia from outside the UK within europe is how long you'd need to wait for the container to be filled before shipping.

By the time you include the cost of shipping to the UK, or ferry and fuel costs for several car loads/van hire etc it may not end up being that much of a saving.

I had the same issue with being in Switzerland, with some stuff in the UK. In my case I had to ship to the UK first since my shipments needed to be combined. It cost about 600 GBP to ship a couple of m3 to the UK, which although it felt expensive, was significantly less than the cost of hiring a van, plus fuel, plus ferry trip.

The other issue with shipping part loads to Australia from outside the UK within europe is how long you'd need to wait for the container to be filled before shipping.

By the time you include the cost of shipping to the UK, or ferry and fuel costs for several car loads/van hire etc it may not end up being that much of a saving.

I had the same issue with being in Switzerland, with some stuff in the UK. In my case I had to ship to the UK first since my shipments needed to be combined. It cost about 600 GBP to ship a couple of m3 to the UK, which although it felt expensive, was significantly less than the cost of hiring a van, plus fuel, plus ferry trip.

Hi

it will be a lot cheaper for us we only live an hour from Calais and have family here and in the south of England to help us.But i will find out the cost of a whole container to go from France first.:biggrin:

Archived