Meets in Essex

Guest Hammer

Hi all you Essex lot. Me and OH are in Collier Row and would also be interested in a meet to discuss Oz. It would be good to talk about Oz to people who want to get up and leave this country. My husband works weekends but if you set a date for a Sunday we'll try really hard to swing it so we can be there. We know the Halfway house (we've got a 4 yr old and he does get bored). I know there's a place in Laindon (pub with an indoor play area). Can't remember name of it but it would keep kiddies occupied. I'll find out name (or maybe someone knows where I'm talking about.)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

The dates for Sunday's in December are as you know already i'm sure.

2nd, 9th, 16th, and 23rd b4 xmas and 30th after.

I think I speak for most when I say that 23rd and 30th are no good! So that leaves the first three. If we go for the one in the middle the 9th, that is they day after my daughters 18th Birthday so we could extend the celebrations!

But we can do any of the dates and I don't want to sound like the Leader of the Pack or anything, I'm still new to PIO after all.

Hope this helps us set the date.

April

Hi All,

The dates for Sunday's in December are as you know already i'm sure.

2nd, 9th, 16th, and 23rd b4 xmas and 30th after.

I think I speak for most when I say that 23rd and 30th are no good! So that leaves the first three. If we go for the one in the middle the 9th, that is they day after my daughters 18th Birthday so we could extend the celebrations!

But we can do any of the dates and I don't want to sound like the Leader of the Pack or anything, I'm still new to PIO after all.

Hope this helps us set the date.

April

Someone got to take the bull by the horns April , so the 9th so far OK with us as long as I cant get my Christmas shopping done quickly now LOL

Anyway now where??

Guest The Davidsons

Again as new members, we dont want to create waves, but the second or 3rd Sunday are best.

It would be great to talk to people in same situation and learn lots of learns!

The Davidsons

Guest KP Nuts

Ok so my two penneth, if the 9th is cool with everyone then the 9th it shall be, BUT i am known to be a little grumpy on my birthday so be warned, an as for youo Hammer you keep saying your coming but then another holiday date gets in the way, obviously your not a season ticket holder, LOL, (they are doin quite well though at the moment)

So go on then where, i dont care i'll drive there but i will not be driving back!!!!!!!!

Mr KP Nut. 363p.gif

Guest KP Nuts

So go on then where, i dont care i'll drive there but i will not be driving back!!!!!!!!

Mr KP Nut. 363p.gif

Take it by that then, it's me driving home, nothing new there then................

Mrs KP Nuts

Thats good for us the 9th!

So we'll say 9th of December at the Halfway House.

The pub in Laindon that got mentioned as having something to occupy kids might be Springfields, can't say for definite though. If people with young'ns want another venue thats great but i think posting it quickly may help everyone.

Oh! We're gonna get there about 2ish. We've missed a couple of meets already so don't want to miss this one.

:jiggy::biglaugh::spinny::jiggy:

Keith and Nicki (so excited!)

Ok

So 9th December at 2pmish at the Halfway House!

Only one problem I don't know where that is! lol

Please can you give me the address.

Thanks April

Guest KP Nuts
Excellent count us in. Do we all have to red roses in our hair so we know who we are looking for? Not sure my hubby has enough hair!!!

Ok tell you what to do, have a look in the photo gallery for KP Nuts you'll see a pic of me with my nut's in my mouth, we'll be there for 2.00 so everyone can hone in on me if they wish.

Sure Hammer will love to get hold of me after waiting sooooooooooooooo long.

And Mrs C if you get on the M25 then take the exit (30 i think) an head for southend A127 bout 5 mile down on the left is the Halfway House, any more info required get back to us.

Mr KP Nut. 363p.gif

Guest KP Nuts
Hi Mr KP NUTs

Thanks for the info, looking forward to it. Who is coming with you and Mrs KP any little KP's at all?

April

Yup 3 peanut's will be with us, was that info ok for you really not sure on the # of A127 from M25 i never use it.

Mr KP Nut. 363p.gif

Guest shazpaul35

Hi all,

will try to make it for the 9th, but it may be a short stay as we have visiters later in the day,

Hope to see you all there, its really good to find out all whats going on and finding out some info.

Paul.

Ok tell you what to do, have a look in the photo gallery for KP Nuts you'll see a pic of me with my nut's in my mouth, we'll be there for 2.00 so everyone can hone in on me if they wish.

Sure Hammer will love to get hold of me after waiting sooooooooooooooo long.

And Mrs C if you get on the M25 then take the exit (30 i think) an head for southend A127 bout 5 mile down on the left is the Halfway House, any more info required get back to us.

Mr KP Nut. 363p.gif

ARE YOU SURE IT'S NOT JUNCTION 29!!!!!!!!!!

MRS C, GO TO THE AA WEBSITE AS IT'S FANTASTIC YOU PUT YOUR POST CODE IN AND THEN THE DESTINATION (ALTHOUGH YOU MAY NEED TO CALL THE PUB TO FIND POST CODE), IT SHOULD GIVE YOU THE RIGHT WAY...

I'll Call the pub for the postcode as I have a TOM TOM that would be the best thing, OH does sort of know the area so we should be ok. Do they serve food there?

Thanks a lot for your help everyone!

See you all on the 9th, Bobbie who is 18 on the 8th is really excited that her birthday celebration is going on for another day. Not to mention we are starting on the Friday for a meal out... OMG I've got another two teenagers after this one I might need a bank loan.

I'll Call the pub for the postcode as I have a TOM TOM that would be the best thing, OH does sort of know the area so we should be ok. Do they serve food there?

Thanks a lot for your help everyone!

See you all on the 9th, Bobbie who is 18 on the 8th is really excited that her birthday celebration is going on for another day. Not to mention we are starting on the Friday for a meal out... OMG I've got another two teenagers after this one I might need a bank loan.

If Bobbie wears her 18 badge we will know who the Mrs C family is

Yes you can get food there yum yum

Guest KP Nuts

If Bobbie wears her 18 badge we will know who the Mrs C family is

Yes you can get food there yum yum

And Mr KP will be wearing his 45 badge.........................

KP Nuts

Guest the greenwoods

hi all

just received comformation that our TRA has been successfull:jiggy:

may not be able to make it on the 9th gym compertition and party hope you all have a good day and lots of :chatterbox: have to meet on the next time

carl&co

Guest Sunsh1ne

Hi All

We'd like to come along - we live in Abridge, Essex, in between Ongar and Stapleford Abbots if anyone knows it.

Just wanted to ensure that the Halfway House would accept children - we've got a 4 and 2 year old and some pubs won't have kids in the pub. Does anyone know ?

Thanks in advance.

Sunsh1ne

Congrats to the Greenwoods on your TRA result - one step closer !

Hi Everyone, Hi Sunsh1ne,

Not sure with the kids issue at Halfway Hse, I think some of the others who have been there before would have a better idea. I've only been there with mates or my wife(soexcited!).

You could ring them, it's on the A127, probably under Brentwood. Alot of those places are ok if you eat there, bit out of order really. Pubs should go back to the days of 2 or so bars really that way evryone would be happy. It would be great if you could make it.

Although we,ve not been able to make a meet yet (as KPnuts has pointed out):biglaugh:this thing is such a great help and a really friendly community feel which is a credit to the people who use it. It's been invaluable for us.

Am looking forward to meeting everyone, especially KP. Think i'll wear my West Ham shirt, I was'nt going to as did'nt want everyone to think football is more important than everything else (Is really!!):yes::biglaugh:but it's easier for identity purposes.

See you all Sunday, should be a good afternoon.:chatterbox:

Regards Keith.

Archived