Police checks

Guest Lee .B

Guest Lee .B

Hi, I'm a 39 year old carpenter in the final stages of my visa application, unfortunately when i was 17 i got into trouble and got 4 months detention(what a plonker) but i turned my life around and have'nt been in trouble since. I hope to move to Brisbane with my wife and kids. Has anyone been in a similar posistion to me that could shed some light on the subject :?:

Hiya not too sure on this one ,but im sure i heard somewere if it was comitted at least 10yrs ago you should be ok but like i say im not too sure you may be better quizing an agent ,,good luck anyway and lets face it whos not been a naughty boy / girl at some point !!

Cal x

Guest morrison

Don't even worry about it mate. As cal said they accept no-one is perfect and may have had a brush with the law at some point. You’ve been ok for the last 10 yrs and your record is now clean. Make sure you declare it but I’m 95% sure it will make no difference......you criminal :lol:

Its also a good idea to include a character reference in you visa application. Either way don’t stress.

Ps what part of Brisbane are you going to Iv still not made up my mind............ and I want to make sure we keep away from the ruff lot :P

Guest Lee .B

Cheeky Sod :roll: ,

Thats what my agent said but it plays on your mind, would hate to fail on something that happened 22 years ago. As where to live there's some good info on talk about Queensland. Deception Bay looks good value for money, does anybody know anything about it :?: .

As for certificates it's probally the same as here if you can do the job ,you got the job.

Guest scott&lisa

Yeh, when I was having my initial consultation, my agent asked me if I had a criminal record, when I replied, "Why do you still need one?" Went down like a lead balloon. O well.

Funny how things change!!

Scott.

Guest Nelson

How long are you guys waiting for your Police Clearance Certificates.. It's the only piece of paper I need now and, although the 40 days is well within the time limits that DIMIA have given, I am sooooooooooooooo fed up of waiting and there's another whole fortnight to go before the Police 40 days is up! I will need therapy when all this is done! :roll:

Guest scott&lisa

Hi Krista,

We had to wait the full 40 days for our police checks to come back!!

We got our perm resident visas end of December and once the house sale is completed we will be leaving for Melbourne!! I know how you feel about waiting though!!! Although we have our visas, we still cannot get out there until things are sorted here and they seem to be taking ages!!!

Hope your police checks come through soon and that you are not waiting long for the final decision. Good Luck.

Scott & Lisa.

PS Beki - it's nice to know I'm not the only one with a daft sense of humour!!!! Don't think I will use that joke when I get to OZ though!

Scott.

Guest scott&lisa

Hi Lee,

Thanks v much matey.

I'm sure you'll be just fine with your application. You say you're in the final stages. Where abouts are you now - waiting for the call for medicals?

Scott & Lisa.

Guest Nelson

Guess what??? The Police have LOST my husband's and my daughter's application.......... I have been waiting soooooooooo patiently but nearly exploded today when they told me that they were nowhere to be found.... I have been running round like a demented chicken taking copies of this and that to the police station, via our solicitor (verification) so, here I am, 5 hours later clutching at the last threads of sanity :evil: HELP!!! :?

Archived