Help I think my dream is gone forever

Guest smurphy07

Guest smurphy07

I have always had a dream of moving to australia but things in my life have so far prevented me which leaves me in the position that I am 31 with a daughter, I am a qualified hairdresser and have been for 3 years and have an NVQ 3 and my partner is a part qualified electrician hopefully will be fully qualified next year at an age of 42. I have been told that my best chance is to take my ILETS english and get my NVQ3 turned into an AQFIII and then work with my AQFIII over here for a further year and hope that I can still get state sponsored at a cost of £1900. Or wait till my partner qualifies and try get VETESSES and wait a further year then again apply state sponsored??

I have been told that because I didn't do a full apprenticeship my quals don't count and need to get AQFIII status? Has anyone else been in the position because I don't think if we wait a year we will get enough points due to my partners age - any help would be greatly appreciated I'm so confused over the different things i have been advised by an agent?? I really don't think we are going to get there and am devastated

Can you get another sort of job? I would be surprised if hairdressers were in short supply over here- there seems to be one just about on every corner. If you have to train anyway I would choose something they are really short of- maybe aged care, disability care, child care or something like that? Just a thought and if it helps, well good.

I have been told that because I didn't do a full apprenticeship my quals don't count and need to get AQFIII status? Has anyone else been in the position because I don't think if we wait a year we will get enough points due to my partners age - any help would be greatly appreciated I'm so confused over the different things i have been advised by an agent?? I really don't think we are going to get there and am devastated

If you are planning on going over with you as the primary visa applicant and your partner 'just' being your partner (I don't mean that in a bad way btw lol), then his age doesn't matter at all - mine is 41 and it didn't make any difference to anything, they just do the points on your age, qualifications, experience, IELTS and so on - the only way a partner makes any difference is a) if you are claiming points for their skills (and therefore getting him VETASSESSed for that) and/or b) they don't have a GB passport, and then they have to take the IELTS, or show they did their education in English language, or pay the second installment of the visa.

Hope that helps a bit. Sorry I can't help with qualifications, I only really know about teacher qualifications at the mo....