Bridging Visa B in person

Guest chrisnnic

Guest chrisnnic

Hello people,

Due to the delays in processing of our Partner visa 820 I now need to get a bridging visa B to travel in november. When I rang immi they said I could post the app in but seeing how long its taken for us to hear anything regarding my substantive visa (9 months and counting) I would prefer to bring it to the office in Sydney. I was planning on bringing down the details of our flights, 16th nov-7th dec, my passport, our receipt and details showing my bridging visa A and obviously the form.

Can I definitely speak to someone in person to get a bridging visa B and can it be issued on the day?

Thanks!

Hello people,

Due to the delays in processing of our Partner visa 820 I now need to get a bridging visa B to travel in november. When I rang immi they said I could post the app in but seeing how long its taken for us to hear anything regarding my substantive visa (9 months and counting) I would prefer to bring it to the office in Sydney. I was planning on bringing down the details of our flights, 16th nov-7th dec, my passport, our receipt and details showing my bridging visa A and obviously the form.

Can I definitely speak to someone in person to get a bridging visa B and can it be issued on the day?

Thanks!

What is your reason to travel?

Guest indaussie

Yes you can go to DIAC office personally and have bridging visa B granted on the spot. You just need to print bridging visa b app. Form( 1006 I guess) and fill it out and take your passport with you to DIAC. Application fee for bv B is 105 Aud.

I had mine last week and they grant me BVB on the spot . But applied for gsm 885. So it's easy and fast.

Yes you can go to DIAC office personally and have bridging visa B granted on the spot. You just need to print bridging visa b app. Form( 1006 I guess) and fill it out and take your passport with you to DIAC. Application fee for bv B is 105 Aud.

I had mine last week and they grant me BVB on the spot . But applied for gsm 885. So it's easy and fast.

not really, what you need more is a REASON, the rest is just a costly bureaucratic nonsens

Guest chrisnnic

Well my reason is that I haven't been to see my family in nearly 2 years, that they sydney office told us the visa would take maximum 9 months (now been told at least 12) so we booked flights for 2 months after the longest time they said so as to not be having to pay $3000. I spoke to immi on the phone in early september and they advisor I explained my reason to said it would not be a problem so hoping for a smooth visit to the office in a couple of days!

Well my reason is that I haven't been to see my family in nearly 2 years, that they sydney office told us the visa would take maximum 9 months (now been told at least 12) so we booked flights for 2 months after the longest time they said so as to not be having to pay $3000. I spoke to immi on the phone in early september and they advisor I explained my reason to said it would not be a problem so hoping for a smooth visit to the office in a couple of days!

Bare in mind that it is a weak reason. Go for that someone is sick at home, or you need there to go for business, or to sell property or "family reasons", but not because you have not been there for too long. I had a friend who went overseas to attend his wife's sister wedding and they gave him a hard time, same friend went to NZ for holiday and they did not ask for anything.

Do you have a flight ticket? That is a strong argument, too.

Good luck.

Guest chrisnnic
Bare in mind that it is a weak reason. Go for that someone is sick at home, or you need there to go for business, or to sell property or "family reasons", but not because you have not been there for too long. I had a friend who went overseas to attend his wife's sister wedding and they gave him a hard time, same friend went to NZ for holiday and they did not ask for anything.

Do you have a flight ticket? That is a strong argument, too.

Good luck.

Yeah have return flights, was going to bring down the print out of them also. Seems that it depends who you talk to, when I spoke to the guy at immigration on the phone he said it was a valid reason and I wouldn't have an issue getting it granted.