New to this

Elaine&Chris

Hi everyone,

Elaine and I are hoping to move to Australia in July/August 2008. I suppose we are doing things slightly different to the rest of you as I am transferring from the Royal Navy to the Royal Australian Navy. I have been accepted by the RAN and am just awaiting a confirmatory letter and then I will have to start the immigration process under a Labour Agreement.

The RAN want me to go to Canberra initially, which Elaine is a bit worried about as there is no beach and we have heard mixed reviews about. I just want to get to Aus and believe that just getting out there is the crucial first step.

We live in Portsmouth and have two girls aged 6 and 2. Well that is us in a nutshell, if anybody out there has any helpful advice, especially if it is to do with Canberra, we would be most grateful.

Guest scots-in-oz!

Hello!

Sorry, can't really help with Canberra, were heading for the Gold Coast, (UK)summer-time next year. Just thought I'd say hello & welcome though! I'm sure there'll be people on here who live, or have experience of Canberra that can help.

Anyway, goodluck!

Mags:wubclub:

x

Hi Chris and Elaine

Firstly multi-welcome.gifto the PIO website!!

You lucky things a nice quick way to get into Australia.

I have heard that Canberra is one of the cleanist cities in the World!!!! And such a lovely place but yes the beach is about a 2 hour drive (not sure how correct that is though).

Good luck and hope you get the answers that you are looking for

Regards

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hi guys:spinny:

Welcome to Poms In Oz.:yes:

There are other forces guys on here, and a few folks moved/moving to the ACT.

Try searching through the ACT forum, should give you a bit of an idea!

Cheers,

Rache:wubclub:

Guest ontheup

Welcome - we are doing the same as you guys but going to Perth, you should PM NevandAngie (find them in the members list). They just went to Canberra and what Angie doesn't know about it isnt worth knowing!!:)

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/members/nev_n_angie.html

Welcome to PIO and you'll find loads of useful info and helpful people here. What branch/trade are you??

Archived