Too soon for medicals and police checks?

oidara

Hi folks,

We are planning to make our visa application in December after (hopefully) getting a positive skills assessment from ACS.

From the end of Jan next year we're going to be on the move a lot and we're wondering about getting our medicals and police checks done in January before we set off as it will be very difficult afterwards (especially the police checks).

I know that both of these documents are valid for 12 months and that it's important not to do them too early as they need to be done again otherwise.

But what I don't know is how far into the visa process they have to be valid. By which I mean, do they just have to be valid until you get a case officer (which I understand to be about 6 months after lodging the application)? Or do they still have to be valid at the time when the visa is approved?

If anyone can clarify this for me, that would be great. I hope I've been clear in what I'm trying to ask!

Guest Guest31881

They have to be valid up until the date you validate your visa by entering Australia for the first time., So if you have them done now, you have until this time next year to have visa issued and enter Australia for validation trip or permanently.

So when does the case officer usually ask for them to be done? I thought it's one of the first things they ask for and that it can take a good 6-9 months after that for the visa to be approved, which would only leave 3-6 months to validate.

Have I got this wrong? What's the usual timeline for the following: visa lodgement - case officer - medicals/police checks - approval? And have I missed some stages??

Guest Guest31881

Normally its the last thing they ask for and your validation date is 12 months from the time you have medicals/police checks. When case officer asks for the medicals and police checks you are normally close to issue

Archived