Earnings for an Electrician in victoria

I have searched the internet for info on wages for electricians in Victoria and can't find anything. Can anybody please let me know the wage to expect for an Electrician or trades assistant

Guest scott&lisa

Hey mate,

I've been looking also for Inst Tech rates and the best site I've found is :-

http://www.jobsearch.gov.au.

It will give you an idea. From what I can make out, rates are similar there as they are in UK for Inst Tech anyway so assume the same for sparkies.

Hope this helps matey.

Scott.

• 2 years later...
Guest sparky_sy
£25 to £28k per year? Maybe not too different to an employed spark here is it?

However, the cost of homes in Oz seem to be very expensive for very little, or should i look over the 250,000 mark? Was hoping not to have a mortgage. The country is so vast, where to look? I would like 4 beds+ and a home that look like something out of neighbours!:huh:

Have a look at this site for average wage for Electricians in Victoria.

PayScale Australia - Electrician Wages, Hourly Wage Rate

Wages can be very high if highly skilled, high voltage etc, construction. The Electrical Trades Union is very very tough and its members get very well paid. Have a look at their web site ETU Home Page

To get a house like Neighbours in Melbourne you would probably pay $400,000 plus and more depending on which suburb you were interested in.

Have a look at Frankston, Berwick, Carrum Downs, Mornington, Mount Martha, Somerville, Langwarrin all areas in the South.

Look at Point Cook, Werribee, Carolyne Springs in the west.

North look at Bundoora and areas around it. Melton.

Any house within ten ks of Melbourne would be pushing 500 k now and need renovation.

Archived