Which school to choose

Caroline Baxter

We are moving to Melbourne in January and are currently looking for schools for our two children, one will be 11 when we arrive and the eldest will be 15. We have seen two schools for our eldest, one is Bayside P-12 and the other is Point Cook Senior. We were wondering whether anyone knows anything about either of these schools to give us any ideas which one is best :confused:, also any ideas of any good Primary schools for our youngest. I have looked at lots on the internet, there are so many to choose from lol.

Thanks

x

Guest MM2Melb

Hi Caroline,

I don't know those two schools but just posted this link which shows the vce results for Victorian schools, I presume those two will be on there and you could consider the comparison in your decision. Then again lots of other reasons to choose a school hopefully some people will know the two schools.

http://bettereducation.com.au/Results/VcePublicSchoolResults.aspx

Do you definitely need to choose a primary school yet? Maybe you should just get a good feel for these once you arrive? If you are in the zone for a primary school I think they have to let you in? And some want to take extra children even from outside the zone?

Good luck.

Guest shusselmann

Hi,

You've probably seen the My School website and Good Schools Guide for Victoria.

I think it's worth having a shortlist but in our experience we couldn't make a final decision until we had a look around, and made sure we could secure a property within the catchment area.

Are you arriving in January? I expect schools will be closed until the final week in Jan when they open for the new academic year. If you could arrive early-December you'd be able to look around and make decisions before the end of term.

All the best.

Archived