help wanted

dianne68

help wanted , im a chef manager wanting to move to aus , applied for loads of jobs , but hardly anyone replys, 15 years experience, looking for a sponsorship if possible .does anyone have any ideas to get things happening. got a migration company helping but they cant realy do anything until i finish my aqf or get a sponsor, thanks dianne:notworthy:

My husband is a chef and we are applying for State sponsorship once he has his skills assessed and passes his IELTS test, we need the English test to have enough points to qualify. Are you able to consider this route? (although I suspect your migration agent would have suggested this route if it was possible).

Sorry I can't offer any other advice at the moment.

Hi Dianne

It is very difficult to get a response to job applications when your not in the country,,its a funny aussie thing so dont take it personally and dont be disheartened.

Where possible i would personally stay up late one night and RING as many companys/restaurants/hotels etc that you can. The white pages on line will give you a good list of places. An e-mail is easy to ignore ,speaking to someone isnt as easy to 'fob' them off.

Frome reading this forum over years and meeting migrants it seems quite common for companys to know little about sponsering a migrant, so make sure you have to hand some basic info incase they ask you what is involved.

Hope this helps a little and good luck

Cal x

Archived