help thinking of emigrating but never visited

Guest tracy

Guest tracy

where do i start married with 3 childen husband in printing childen aged 7months 6yrs and 15yrs. Tired of this country,bored of indoor life,where do we start....?

Guest stevenglish

hi

We're hopefully on our way in August. Being sponsored for 2 years, all i have to do is make sure we all have up to date passports. Going for an independant visa is far more expensive and time consuming, but there are advantages to both. Whatever line of work you're in, have a look see if any company's are willing to sponsor you, you'll be tied to them for at least 2 years once out there but if you've never been there before, rent your place in England and look at it as a working holiday.

Good luck

Steve

Guest tracy

thanks for your reply steve.

i think my husband will get work as his skill is needed. did you visit aus before applying for your visa :?:

we are hoping to keep our house in england as a fall back....if needed.

Steve ( my hubby) has filled in an online assement and we have been told there is a good chance of getting out there.

so we are just putting our feelers out to see what other people have done and how they went about it. :D

Guest Arnold

:D Hi there,

Snap...We have two children age 6 and 9, never been to Australia and are hoping to get there with my husbands skills as they are on the required list. We signed up with an Agent (ASA) who are really helpful and have guided us through the process so far. My husbands TRA application arrived in Australia about 2 weeks ago, so we have to just sit and wait for the reply now! We have done lots of research and have friends that have recently emmigrated to Australia, they have 3 children and had never been before either.....they love it and don't know why they didn't do it 10 years ago. The children have settled well and education is great. I would love to be able to afford to go out for a holiday before hand but a holiday is just that, and will never be the same as having to find work and settle children into schools etc etc.... Go for it, you can always return if it doesn't work out at least you tried it!

Goodluck whatever you decide! :D

Guest bethandneil

:P hi there

we did the holiday bit, had great time but spent a whole pile of money, somewhat unessessarily, oz is great, you may need to research lots of places to find the place that suits your family the best, my advise would be to get a good agent, Overseas emmigration are good, but there are others mentioned on this forum aswell, as for the house, we have sold ours and are selling most of the contents!! we look at it as we are either committing to a new life or we're not, if we left the house in the uk there will always be that part of us that was looking backwards and not forwards, sometimes you have to leave your comfort zone!!

Is the uk really that comfortable any more?

Get yourselves gone! its fab fab fab!

Beth :P :shock: :P

Guest Arnold

:D I agree with you totally. We are hoping to do the same, sell the house and the furniture, why take it with you, start a fresh and think of all that retail therapy! :lol:

Guest bethandneil

:P:P oh yes retail therapy, my favourite two words, and australia so big!!! so many shops so little time

Beth. :D:D

Guest scott&lisa

Hi Tracy

Lisa and I have two girls - 2 & 7 mths. We have never been to Oz, but here we are emigrating to Melbourne in the next couple of months.

Like you, we did a points assessement on line and used the services of Overseas Emigration Visas - recommendable for sure, to get our visa. We went through the skilled independant route to get a permanent residence visa. Overall cost around £3500 and money well spent. You can't buy a lot for that, so in the scheme of things, a new life.......

We don't regret not going on holiday first. I think by doing that you get the wrong perception as you won't necessarily see how people really live etc. Apparently people who've never been before they emigrated, seem to settle quicker. I'm hoping this will be true.

We're completely selling up and so no ties back home with property. What's the worst that could happen, you don't like it so you fly back home. 24 hours away from this miserable little island not so Great anymore!!!!

As they say, if you don't buy a ticket, you can't win a prize. If you don't try, you'll never know, and how many more cliches can you think of.

Give it a go while Australia is giving you the chance. Besides, the goal posts may change again as they do according to the needs of Australia.

Whatever you decide - all the very best of luck! Scott & Lisa

Guest tracy

hi all, thanks for your replys.been looking at house prices(gold coast looks nice)amazing what you can get for your money and be mortgage free.still alot to think about maybe it's not as bigger risk as we think just need to know more about the work situation out there as my hubbys in print(no 1 machine minder)are there any more of you going out there who are in the same boat.

Guest scoop

Hiya Tracy

Wish I was going to be mortgage free but unfortunately I'm not :cry:

It feels a bit daunting to be starting out again though with a big chunk of my equity going on getting us there :roll:

Good luck with it all.

SCoop

:roll:

Guest tracy

Hi ya Scoop

My hubby is a person who likes to play it safe......and being morgage free is one of his dreams.

We could stay here and hopefully achieve this with in 4 years......have holidays every year.....which sounds like a good life to me BUT what about our girls. What about there future? With the country the way it is and work that steve has no faith in at the moment we could end up acheiveing our goal and then not beening able to live life after if his work goes belly up! Which is how the talk of Austrailia came about.

It is the biggest risk we have ever talked about.....and the conversations that are on here has really helped. We was planing on keeping our home her but after some of the comments on her we have realised that we would end up selling up, and with the money be able to get (hopefully) a 3 bed house in oz with pennies to spare...which would make us morgage FEEE!!!

we are still not 100% yet but are exploring all the options and I have to say it is scarey..... :shock:

We wish you all the best and hope it all works out well for you :D

Tracy

Guest scoop

Hiya Tracy

Good luck with your plans hun.

I know how scary it is I have started having cold sweats most nights!

I am sure everything will be fine when we get out there it is just the unknown, even though I have been there before, not the same as living there buying house getting little one in day care.

I just want to get on with it now rather than keep thinking about it all and scaring myself silly! :shock:

SCoop

x

Guest scoop

Hiya Tracy

Good luck with your plans hun.

I know how scary it is I have started having cold sweats most nights!

I am sure everything will be fine when we get out there it is just the unknown, even though I have been there before, not the same as living there buying house getting little one in day care.

I just want to get on with it now rather than keep thinking about it all and scaring myself silly! :shock:

SCoop

x

Archived