Hi from another newbie!

ChrisH1979

Hi all,

I've just been offered a job through a 457 and am currently awaiting for my visa application to be progressed.

I'm moving to Melbourne and just wanted to say I've found this site so useful in my prep work.

House currently on the Market and I have contacted several movers for quotes!

I'm toying between St Kilda and South Yarra at the moment. I'm on my own so want to be near the city but at the same time don't want to actually live in the city.

Guest Guest31881

Hi Chris,

Welcome to Pio, i hope your application goes through quickly and i am sure we have members who will be willing to help with suggestions on places to live

Thought I'd use my welcome thread to thank everyone who has contributed to the posts I've been reading on here.

My move is going very quickly...visa was done in a week and I've just signed up to a moving contract. Flights also booked for 19th October!

Thanks again everyone!

Thought I'd use my welcome thread to thank everyone who has contributed to the posts I've been reading on here.

My move is going very quickly...visa was done in a week and I've just signed up to a moving contract. Flights also booked for 19th October!

Thanks again everyone!

Visa done in a week :swoon:, blimey you dont hang about :cute: Good luck

South Yarra is ok place to live. North Melbourne is also ok and I like North Melbourne because its easy to get into the city from there.

My friend's daughter works at Docklands and has an apartment in North Melbourne and she walks to work from there.

East Melbourne, pricey but very close in, if you want cafe society etc, Fitzroy.

Richmond is popular as well.

Really depends on how you want to travel to work. Trams are slower than trains.

Southbank is right in the city but it has some nice apartments and its a nice area to be in if alone. Right next to the Arts Centre across the bridge from the CBD. Good restaurants etc.

Archived