So Bloody Negative !

Guest kiwi&jane

Guest june coates

hi jean,like you,i feel that we parents should give all the support we can.i too had to cope with my only daughter and 2 grandchildren migrating and yes,i cried buckets when they left but never tried to talk them out of it.sadly,my husband died last year,but the up side is i have now applied for cp visa and will be back with them all soon.all you parents please do as jean says and support your offspring.dont go through life regretting not doing so.

june

Guest MarknNana

We told my parents last weekend ( they are visiting us until next Tuesday ) I thought I knew how they would react i.e my dad, it's our life and we've got to do what we want, give it a go and if it works out then great and if not then at least we tried and my mam, we can't leave her and the family etc. - even though I haven't lived in Sunderland for 19 years and in Germany for 14 of them !!!!

I was right with my dad and completely wrong with my mam....... she's 100 times worse!!!!!:arghh:

The last couple of days have been a nightmare on Sunday she didn't even speak to us, Monday about 10 words and yesterday 10 sentences. Haven't seen her yet today so don't know if the trend will continue and she might get to 20 sentences.

On Sunday I was really upset but now I just think if she carries on like this I won't mention it again and eventually she will accept our decision and realise that if she doesn't it will be her loss and she won't be able to change our minds.

Why does it only seem to be the mams that react like this. Nearly every post is the same, that the dads are ok but the mams not - except Jean - she was probably a bloke in her previous life :biglaugh:!!!!!

Good luck to everyone else going through this just keep thinking positive and hopefully they will all come round in the end.

Mark

Archived