Dear Oz

Guest FrankLooi

Guest FrankLooi

Hey people! I'm from the country of Malaysia, I'll be touring around the East Australia for 10 days.

In fact, I'll be boarding my plane from Singapore in 24 hours time and I'm really excited! :arghh:

And for now, the trip is around Brisbane, Sydney and also Melbourne. Do help out and suggest the places I'd visit in these 10 days! :)

Oh and I would be more interested in places you all might travel to, I might wanna skip the "tourism spots" :notworthy::notworthy:

Hi Frank

It depends what the purpose of your trip is. Are you scouting the area prior to making a decision about migration or are you just coming as a tourist. Knowing the answer might help people adise what/where you should visit.

Having said that, 10 days is not a lot of time in which to see 3 cities separated by large distances (I assume you're flying between the locations)!!

MyMulti3

Unlimited train travel across entire CityRail network and unlimited government and private bus, light rail and government ferry travel.

MyMulti DayPass

Unlimited train travel across entire CityRail network, unlimited government and private bus, unlimited government ferry travel and unlimited light rail travel

I just 'Googled' this information about public transport and I think either of these would be good for you. One is daily $20 the other weekly - $51 I think. I am sure they include travel to The Blue Mts, Central Coast, Illawarra too.

If you don't want to be a 'tourist' then just hop on any bus/train/ferry and see where it takes you. Get off where you please. I have done this in both London and Hong Kong.

On the other hand, don't knock the tourist sights - they are always worth seeing! Walk over the Harbour Bridge, round the Opera House!

My suggestions to get a flavour of Sydney in a short time.

Get the bus to either Bondi or Coogee Beaches and do the coastal walk - it's not lonely - plenty of people about and you will see a number of Sydney beaches and the spectacular coast line. You can always break your trip at one of the other beaches - Clovelly, Bronte, Tamarama, and get a bus from there.

Get the bus to Watsons Bay to see the views over the harbour, 'The Heads' and over the ocean from the cliffs.

Get a bus to Palm Beach (where they film Home and Away) for a taste of Sydney's Northern Beaches. Ask the driver to let you off on the way back - Brookvale possibly - and get a bus to Manly then the ferry back to Circular Quay in Sydney's CBD.

Just walk around the city.

Take the train to Wolongong - south of Sydney or Katoomba in The Blue Mountains, both worthwhile for a taste of the countryside outside Sydney.

In Melbourne, the important thing is to relax and enjoy the vibe :)

Have a coffee in one of the cafes hidden down the lanes in the CBD. Wander through the Vic Market and see real Melbourne life (in the food section that is!)

Hire a car or jump on a train and/or bus and explore the Dandenong Ranges - Puffing Billy is brilliant fun even for grown ups!

Enjoy :)

Guest FrankLooi
MyMulti3

Unlimited train travel across entire CityRail network and unlimited government and private bus, light rail and government ferry travel.

MyMulti DayPass

Unlimited train travel across entire CityRail network, unlimited government and private bus, unlimited government ferry travel and unlimited light rail travel

I just 'Googled' this information about public transport and I think either of these would be good for you. One is daily $20 the other weekly - $51 I think. I am sure they include travel to The Blue Mts, Central Coast, Illawarra too.

If you don't want to be a 'tourist' then just hop on any bus/train/ferry and see where it takes you. Get off where you please. I have done this in both London and Hong Kong.

On the other hand, don't knock the tourist sights - they are always worth seeing! Walk over the Harbour Bridge, round the Opera House!

My suggestions to get a flavour of Sydney in a short time.

Get the bus to either Bondi or Coogee Beaches and do the coastal walk - it's not lonely - plenty of people about and you will see a number of Sydney beaches and the spectacular coast line. You can always break your trip at one of the other beaches - Clovelly, Bronte, Tamarama, and get a bus from there.

Get the bus to Watsons Bay to see the views over the harbour, 'The Heads' and over the ocean from the cliffs.

Get a bus to Palm Beach (where they film Home and Away) for a taste of Sydney's Northern Beaches. Ask the driver to let you off on the way back - Brookvale possibly - and get a bus to Manly then the ferry back to Circular Quay in Sydney's CBD.

Just walk around the city.

Take the train to Wolongong - south of Sydney or Katoomba in The Blue Mountains, both worthwhile for a taste of the countryside outside Sydney.

Hey Mary, I and my family will be driving south along the East Coast. (Pacific Highway all the way if I'm not mistaken) and along the way, we'll stop by places that we find wonderful. :) We will definitely be touring around the Opera House! It's a waste if we don't see the wonderful scenario.

The MyMulti DayPass sounds interesting enough though, I'll ask around about it. :)

Guest FrankLooi
Hi Frank

It depends what the purpose of your trip is. Are you scouting the area prior to making a decision about migration or are you just coming as a tourist. Knowing the answer might help people adise what/where you should visit.

Having said that, 10 days is not a lot of time in which to see 3 cities separated by large distances (I assume you're flying between the locations)!!

I will be touring around as a tourist. And who knows about the migration. I'd definitely want to experience different things! :) And I and my family will be travelling south from Brisbane to Melbourne, and we will take a flight back from Melbourne to Brisbane and back to our hometown, Malaysia. :notworthy:

In Melbourne, the important thing is to relax and enjoy the vibe :)

Have a coffee in one of the cafes hidden down the lanes in the CBD. Wander through the Vic Market and see real Melbourne life (in the food section that is!)

Hire a car or jump on a train and/or bus and explore the Dandenong Ranges - Puffing Billy is brilliant fun even for grown ups!

Enjoy :)

Mmm definitely something I'd like to experience there! Thanks for pointing it out for me mate. ;)

Hey Mary, I and my family will be driving south along the East Coast. (Pacific Highway all the way if I'm not mistaken) and along the way, we'll stop by places that we find wonderful. :) We will definitely be touring around the Opera House! It's a waste if we don't see the wonderful scenario.

The MyMulti DayPass sounds interesting enough though, I'll ask around about it. :)

I didn't realize you had hired a car - that means you can do some different things. Pacific H/W north of Sydney, Princes H/W south,

Are you driving all the way to Melbourne? I don't have any tips on what to see. Just go where you fancy. Batemans Bay, Merimbula, Eden, always somewhere nice, to stop, same in Victoria.

Guest FrankLooi
I didn't realize you had hired a car - that means you can do some different things. Pacific H/W north of Sydney, Princes H/W south,

Are you driving all the way to Melbourne? I don't have any tips on what to see. Just go where you fancy. Batemans Bay, Merimbula, Eden, always somewhere nice, to stop, same in Victoria.

Sure will include the places in my itinerary. Thanks! :)

Also, I just found out that my caravan will be delivered at 8am when I'll be arriving the airport at 12.40 am. Hm, a little waste of time there in Brisbane international Airport. Do any of you have contacts of after-hours or private caravan hires that I can get it in midnight? :)

Archived