19 y/o wanting to move to Australia

Guest Pengy

Hey,

So my situation at the moment is that Ive all ways wanted to move to Australia and with past jobs failing and the lack of jobs available In the UK I thought why not now?

I just wanted to know how I would go about looking for work, will I be able to get a job from being over here in the UK and then move and move to Australia with a visa?

Also I wouldn't mind doing an apprenticeship scheme either.

Any advice?

Thanks, Pengy.

Have you considered a WHV in the first instance? See how you like Aus, travel round a bit, experience life there and then consider trying to relocate later on on a more permanent basis.

Perhaps if you decide its for you you'll look to getting qualified in an in demand job/trade that will hopefully be on the list on and off over the coming few years. Gain the skills/experience in the UK and then try to go back there.

I was actually speaking today to a friend about a WHV, the only thing that worries me is finding a job once im there to keep me supported, do you think this would be done easy enough?

I was actually speaking today to a friend about a WHV, the only thing that worries me is finding a job once im there to keep me supported, do you think this would be done easy enough?

Plenty of people go over on a WHV. Its aimed at those under 30 or so and is perfect for a working holiday. As for work, its only casual stuff so you'd not be able to take a full time permanent sort of position the entire stay.

Read about it from the horses mouth

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/

You need sufficient funds in the UK to show you can support yourself in the meantime over there, return/onward air ticket iirc and a few other things.

Plenty of people go over on WHV's. Its not rocket science. Just earn, save your pennies to meet the financial aspect and you should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TCASAlert

Plenty of people go over on WHV's. Its not rocket science. Just earn, save your pennies to meet the financial aspect and you should be fine.

Plus when you have temped somewhere for a bit, you could be lucky and be offered a sponsorship for a job out there. A colleague's daughter went out on a WHV and after working as a hairdresser for a few months was offered a sponsorship to stay (although she didn't take them up on the offer).

If I didn't have dependants I would have liked to go out on a WHV as its easier to find long term work then.

This does seem the better way, although I am enrolling myself on a bricklaying course so for to get myself with the necessary qualifications to find that work once I am there, 7 months of good learning should pay off once im over in Oz trying to find work.

Archived