Employer Sponsored Visa Help

Guest Lofts

Hi,:wacko:

Hoping someone can help!

I keep getting conflicting info between the Australian Immigration office and Migration/visa agents about Employer Sponsored 457's. Can anyone help?!

My employer is applying to be a sponsor and is going to nominate me to work in the Sydney office. My role (Recruitment Consultant) is on the ENSOL list.

Whenever I speak to a migration consultant they say that you need either 5 years relevant experience or a Bachelors Degree. However, when I called the Immigration people for Australia in London they said this isnt true at all for this role.

Can anyone help please!!! Feel like my heads going to explode.

Also went on Vetassess web site and Recruitment Consultant isnt on the list off assessed roles so how would they check my skils?

Thanks in advance

Lofts

Hi,:wacko:

Hoping someone can help!

I keep getting conflicting info between the Australian Immigration office and Migration/visa agents about Employer Sponsored 457's. Can anyone help?!

My employer is applying to be a sponsor and is going to nominate me to work in the Sydney office. My role (Recruitment Consultant) is on the ENSOL list.

Whenever I speak to a migration consultant they say that you need either 5 years relevant experience or a Bachelors Degree. However, when I called the Immigration people for Australia in London they said this isnt true at all for this role.

Can anyone help please!!! Feel like my heads going to explode.

Also went on Vetassess web site and Recruitment Consultant isnt on the list off assessed roles so how would they check my skils?

Thanks in advance

Lofts

There are different lists depending on the visa you are applying for. Do not confuse the ENSOL list with the 457 Occupation List. The occupations can differ on both.

The ENSOL List is used for Employer sponsored workers who are applying for Permanent Residency.

This is the link for the Subclass 457 List

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2011L00246

Recuitment Consultant is on the 457 list under code 223112

I have no idea whether you need to be skills assessed or not for the 457. But I am sure another member will be able to advise you on that. Vetassess do carry out the skills assessment and it is classed as Group B regarding the qualification requirements.

"Group B

Group B Occupations require a qualification which is assessed as at least at the level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor degree, in a highly relevant field to the nominated occupation. In addition to this, the applicant must have at least one year of post-qualification employment in a field which is highly relevant and at an appropriate skill level to your nominated occupation completed in the five years before the date of application for a Skills Assessment. Pre-qualification employment may be considered."

This is the link which explains it a little more.

Archived