little bit scared

Hi i am new to poms in oz and think need some reassurance as it such abig move. we packing up as soon as visa and registration with aphra arrive( we are both nurses myself RMN). As we are moving with 3 kids just hope we are doing the right thing. Am dual citizenship australian and british so we are applying for defacto visa been together 10 years. Does everbody feel like this when they have made the decision.

Guest Guest31881

Hi Welcome to PIO.

I think everyone has the same feelings as you do. If you do not make the move would you look back in 20 years and think "what if". My personal recommendation would be to have an "Escape" plan in place to move back to the UK if it does not work out.

Guest The Pom Queen

Welcome to PIO, it is natural to have doubts, I think everyone does especially when you are making a life changing decision. I don't know one person who didn't have doubts when making the move.

Where are you heading?

It's normal to be nervoud and have doubt when you're moving. Change is always unsettling. However, this isn't a life sentence, no move has to be permanent. You are simply giving Australia a go. If it doesn't work out, there's nothing to stop you moving back again, or somewhere else entirely.

word of advice, even if you can't start packing yet, at least start sorting, so that when it's time to pack, you can just put everything left into boxes rather than having to sort and pack at the same time.

Good luck with everything :)

we going to perth all my family there and my mum moving back as is terribly homesick. I have been in England since i was four so all i have known really, we cant afford to go on holiday so we gonna have to just make the move. We are excited but apprehensive, we dont have anything here really so we figure what do we have to loose, all we do is work and on days of it rains alot we live in manchester says it all.

Thanks for the advice will start sorting think i will feel better when i have registration so can apply for jobs, just doing mine at first as it is easier !!

Archived