Transporting Shih Tzu's

DSouzas

Hi Guys

We are at the start the process (just applied for state sponsorship with Victoria) :yes:. We have two Shih Tzu’s (age 8 & 7) and I was just wondering whether there was anyone who had transported Shih Tzu over to Oz? Is it safe for Shih Tzu’s to travel? I notice from other posts that lots of companies don’t transport pugs…..and was wondering whether there were any restrictions with Shih Tzu’s? I’ve checked the internet and can’t seem to find too much – please can someone help, I’m getting worried, I just assumed there wouldn’t be any problems.

Thanks in advance

Clare xx

They are snub nosed dogs correct? Or do they have longer muzzles?

I'd talk to your vet to see if s/he gives them a clean bill of health to fly, pet shippers (decent ones, do some research) and airlines. If they are snub nosed they may be on the list of breeds that many airlines no longer carry and so you'll have to investigate the options to fly them via Canada possibly. There is more on this in other threads on pug shipping etc if you use the search function and chuck in 'Canada, dog, shipping' or some such.

Hi Snifter,

Yeah they have got flat noses which is why I was getting worried, I could never leave them behind. Thanks for the info, I'll keep checking other posts on PIO and the internet to see what I can find. I'll check with the vet also to see if they can help!

Thanks again Clare.

Archived