Healthcare access - specifically fertility treatment

Guest lexiecat

Guest lexiecat

Hi all

My hubbie and I are at the very early stages of thinking of moving down under. Unfortunately our plan was to have a couple of kids and then go.. but life hasn't worked out like that and instead we are struggling to conceive. So to get ourselves out of our miserable rut, we think sod it let's look into going moving to oz first. I'm just a bit concerned that if, and i hope we don't, but we do need fertility treatment, what would happen? do they have an nhs equivalent? is it all private? would we be allowed it if we came over with an exisitng medical condition (i.e. if myself or my other half have a medical reason for struggling to conceive). I know its a very random question, but it is one that worries me. Don't want to end up in oz and be stuck with no help in having kids. As i say, very very early stages. I would hope that one of us gets a job first (457 agreement i think it is), but we are also up for applying for skilled migration.

if anyone can offer any sort of advice, has anyone emigrated and had fertility treatment over there? any ideas would be great!

cheers:cute:

Guest alexdtaylor

Hi

I can't help with your exact questions as we've yet to make it to Oz (Visa received but heading out for good next May). I just wanted to say Good Luck! I know exactly what you are going through as my wife and I were in the same position as you. We decided to stay in the UK to have IVF/ICSI and now have a lovely 4 yr old boy and 2 yr old little girl. It's a tough road to go down but well worth it in the end. All the best, Alex

Guest lexiecat

Hi Alex, aw thank you so much for your message, I am so happy that it worked out for you guys. Maybe myself and hubbie are just destined to have little ozzie babies! Thanks also Petals, I shall have a look at the link.

Guest alexdtaylor

You're more than welcome. Keep believing and before you know it you'll be running around with your perfect little family in Oz.

Hi Alex, aw thank you so much for your message, I am so happy that it worked out for you guys. Maybe myself and hubbie are just destined to have little ozzie babies! Thanks also Petals, I shall have a look at the link.

Archived