Moving to Oz - Job Advice

Guest cookemd

Guest cookemd

Hi All,

I am in the process of getting added on my wifes 457 visa and should be heading out to Sydney in 4-6 weeks, I can't wait!!!!!

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for me. I have been doing desktop support and then trade floor support in an investment bank for the past 6 years. I would quite like to try something slightly different like project management or something although those lines (any other ideas welcomed). I'm hoping my strong techincal experience although with working in finance might help. I was just wondering if something like this would be possible without any experience, perhaps getting into some contracting. I'm not sure what the job market is like out there? would be great to have a real fresh start. My plan is to maybe get a short term IT contract when I first arrive until I find something I'm really interested it. Any advice would be appriceated.

Thanks!

Guest The Pom Queen

Just want to say good luck with the move Down Under, Sydney is a lovely place and I would have thought you could have got a job fairly easily.

Kate

Archived