Help with ACS RPL aplication

loveshellybeach

thanks!

well, firsly which Job Description code to use - my husband is a Director of IT, but lots of his work is systems based and an agent suggested we may be better off applying under the Systems Analyst role.

Also, how detailed the project reports should be and it is better to choose 2 very different projects to show your diversity of knowledge?

And how detailed does the section detailing the areas of knowledge learned need to be - are a couple of sentences sufficient for some of the more straightforward ones?

ANY help greatly appreciated!

Guest NeilEB
thanks!

well, firsly which Job Description code to use - my husband is a Director of IT, but lots of his work is systems based and an agent suggested we may be better off applying under the Systems Analyst role.

Also, how detailed the project reports should be and it is better to choose 2 very different projects to show your diversity of knowledge?

And how detailed does the section detailing the areas of knowledge learned need to be - are a couple of sentences sufficient for some of the more straightforward ones?

ANY help greatly appreciated!

- Go with whichever role he can fit into more easily. His job title doesn't matter, it's whether he can prove he has experience in the heading you apply for.

- Don't think it matters if the projects are very different, but the more skills he can show the better. The detailhas to be a level that he proves what HE did, and how that proves what he has 'learnt'

- I did bullet points for my areas of knowledge

• 2 months later...
- Go with whichever role he can fit into more easily. His job title doesn't matter, it's whether he can prove he has experience in the heading you apply for.

- Don't think it matters if the projects are very different, but the more skills he can show the better. The detailhas to be a level that he proves what HE did, and how that proves what he has 'learnt'

- I did bullet points for my areas of knowledge

Hi Neil,

I wonder if you could advise me too as I originally prepared my areas in essay format

On the PASA form under Areas of Knowledge, did you list bullet points for each box i.e

A brief summary of how you have learnt the area of knowledge:

TB1. Programming

Topic 1: Program Specification

• I learnt XYZ

Evidence of applying claimed knowledge to a working situation:

TB1. Programming

Topic 1: Program Specification

• At company ABC, I did XYZ

I hope this makes sense

Thanks in advance

Archived