Prospective Marriage/Migration agents

Guest dr27

Hi me and my partner want to do a prospective marriage visa and are considering a agent, spoken to Global visas and go matlida, it seems like they just help out with paper work and dont get you back any quicker?

Our case is very straight forward I guess and I can fill out paperwork myself, our main thing is I will be sending off visa in Jan and we want to get married in october/november ....I want it done asap really so any advice there? migration agents help you get back quicker? I've heard Global do. Its just a lot of money so I want to be sure. Spoken to them but would like other views from you guys :)

it so hard cuz how do you book a venue and get things sorted if you dont even know when you'll be back!? Heard it generally takes 7 months?

I live out in the counrty in the UK so I dont really wanna be stuck there for 7 months, its hard enough to get a job in the uk let alone without a car waiting for a visa lol

I have thought of returning to aus on a tourst visa (3montsh) telling my case agent this is what il be doing then just leave the country when the visa will be granted, go to NZ?

Has anyone done that???

Any advice on this or just PMV or migration agents to use!

Any advice is good help to us so let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x:Randy-git:

Hi me and my partner want to do a prospective marriage visa and are considering a agent, spoken to Global visas and go matlida, it seems like they just help out with paper work and dont get you back any quicker?

Our case is very straight forward I guess and I can fill out paperwork myself, our main thing is I will be sending off visa in Jan and we want to get married in october/november ....I want it done asap really so any advice there? migration agents help you get back quicker? I've heard Global do. Its just a lot of money so I want to be sure. Spoken to them but would like other views from you guys :)

it so hard cuz how do you book a venue and get things sorted if you dont even know when you'll be back!? Heard it generally takes 7 months?

I live out in the counrty in the UK so I dont really wanna be stuck there for 7 months, its hard enough to get a job in the uk let alone without a car waiting for a visa lol

I have thought of returning to aus on a tourst visa (3montsh) telling my case agent this is what il be doing then just leave the country when the visa will be granted, go to NZ?

Has anyone done that???

Any advice on this or just PMV or migration agents to use!

Any advice is good help to us so let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x:Randy-git:

Hiya,

I didn't use an agent for my spouse visa. Just read the forms thoroughly and you'll be fine. I communicated with my CO directly (both via e-mail and phone) and he never had a problem with it. An agent is just a go beween, you still have to dig out all the paperwork. In addition, they can't speed up the process.

There are enough people on PIO who have gone through the process and will be able to answer your questions.

Good luck,

Amanda

Thank you! It was appearing like they were a bit of a sham to grab money. Its a form at the end of the day and I can write so im basically there lol

Do you have any advice on coming back on a tourist visa and then leaving when the visa is going to be approved??? It seems like a good way to be with my partner and organise the wedding. I saw on here that someone did the same thing and just communicated to there case agent so they knew what was going on.

Thanks!!!!! D x

Guest siamsusie
Thank you! It was appearing like they were a bit of a sham to grab money. Its a form at the end of the day and I can write so im basically there lol

Do you have any advice on coming back on a tourist visa and then leaving when the visa is going to be approved??? It seems like a good way to be with my partner and organise the wedding. I saw on here that someone did the same thing and just communicated to there case agent so they knew what was going on.

Thanks!!!!! D x

I wouldnt class Mara Migration Agents as being some of "sham" to make money. We have some excellent Agents around and many come highly recommended.

I went down the DIY route myself, but my case was extremely simple, no ex's , no migrating or non migratory children involved, no heath or police check issues.

An Agent can be invaluable for the aforementioned points and I would say if there were anticipated problems then use an Agent.

Some of us are better at paperwork than others, some members need the reassurance that a MA can give them.

If you have lodged off shore and have a Case Officer it is possible to enter Australia on a Tourist visa but advisable to inform your CO so that you can make preparations to leave the country to activate your visa on arrival back in.

Susie

Guest GeorgeD

The PMV is very straightforward...you basically need to prove you have met and plan to get married in the near future. That is pretty much about it!

Once granted you have 9 months to get married and then apply for a Spouse Visa. It's pretty straightforward to do yourself, so unless there are issues with health or character checks, then you probably don't need an agent. If you are the sort of person who is hopeless at filling in forms and forgets lots of things, then an agent can assist, but you are right, you still need to tell them all the info (and find any evidence you may need) and actually submit the application. You are also right to say that using an agent doesn't speed the process up. DIAC give no preferential treatment whether you use an agent or not...it's your choice, and as Susie says, registered agents are not sham businesses, they are there to help people wo aren't able to do it themselves...that said, the PMV is one of the more straightforward applications.

You need to be offshore to apply for the PMV and be offshore when it is granted. You can indeed travel to Oz on another visa (for example, as a tourist) whilst this application is being considered, as long as the visa you travel on is appropriate for teh purpose of your trip.

Thank you George and Susie for your help. I think I have been miss informed about the agents, hence calling it a sham. Global Visa's werent very good at all. I was so dissapointed.

I think a tourist visa would be fine to return on as I will be visiting places to book our holiday after the wedding and Il be visiting NZ aswell, il be there when the visa is granted aswell.

We have no complications at all with our visa. I just need the list of doctors that you need to get the medicals from? and where can I get my police check forms from online? Id like to print them off, fill them in ready to send off when I get back to the UK. I was told I needed a police check from Aus aswell? I can get that before I return to the UK? and the post my UK on when I get back?

Thanks!!!!! :)

• 2 months later...

http://www.afp.gov.au/~/media/afp/pdf/n/national-police-check-application-form.ashx

Do you knw if that's the only form I need to send off?

Also do I need finger print checks for this visa?

Thank you!!!!!!

Yep, you have to use one of those docs. I used the one in Maidenhead, it cost around £230 The Bridge Clinic Immigration Medicals page

I did apply for a partner visa. I wrote heaps about it on my blog http://www.gotmyvisa.co.uk :)

Archived