Exchange rate is dropping again......

Guest jonseywife

Guest jonseywife

As if we all hav'nt got enough to worry about with this visa malarkey, I noticed the Ozzie exchange rate is dropping again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its down to 2.29 :unsure:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes !!!!!!!!!!!

Has any one got a cystal ball so they can tell me what it will be in Novemeber when we will be ready to change our money over !!!!!!

Heres the link for HIFX if any wants to keep a check ... they normally offer the best rate.

http://www.hifx.com.au/personal.aspx

Yours worriedly

Sally-ann x

Australia bank meet 3rd Oct and Bank of England sit 4 Oct but US Federal Reserve meet again 31 Oct so with any luck their may be a change the beginning of this month as they respond to the changes last month by the US - fingers crossed.:cry:

Guest The Cutches

Hi Sally-Ann, it's a bit unnerving isn't it, I'm scared to look at my widget these days (ooer). :unsure: I hope 'on the up' is right!

Guest barnie_army

I hope the rate goes up in December.....we're off for a holiday!!

Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on my holiday money? All new to this....

Guest ontheup

Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on my holiday money? All new to this....

Depends on how much your exchanging and if you have an Oz bank account. If the answer to that is lots and yes use a broker - Hifx, Ozforex etc. Otherwise avoid the banks cos they generally suck and shop around online, I have used travelex extensively in the pastand had no probs and usually found their echange rate reasonable.:cool:

Guest barnie_army

Thanks for that, will do some searching online!

On another note, has anyone been to any of the shows? I'm in the early stages, so still pretty clueless, and just wondered if they are worth it?

If it's just a little money and for a holiday, Marks and Spencer actually do a great rate (usually) for foreign exchange. It can be a good 10 or 12 cents better than the banks and travel agents so check there as well!

Felicity:cute:

Guest barnie_army

Brilliant, thanks for the advice.

Felicity, you'll be happy to hear that it's peeing down with rain in good old England! Roll on December, might get to enjoy a summer this year!

Guest BigLes

The Post Office or Co-Op travel agents usually have some good exchange rates - with 0% commission - when I've used them in the past - have a look at them too.

Guest summer's grandad

hi there, i got my currency from "saga" need minimum of £300.00 to avoid charges and they get delivered to your door.

Definately one of the best, far more for your money than the post office, and you can do on line

regards

Terry

Guest The Jenners
Thanks for that, will do some searching online!

On another note, has anyone been to any of the shows? I'm in the early stages, so still pretty clueless, and just wondered if they are worth it?

Hiya,

I went to the show at Sandown Park a couple of years ago to have a look and had no idea what to expect - there were stands from the different States, lots of financial places such as HiFX, and some who sell houses for investment (it's a big thing over here - far bigger than in the UK, it's not uncommon for people to own 2 or 3 houses - I work with a lady who has 7!!).

The thing I found the most useful was the talks - if there is a talk relevant to your situation then I think it is invaluable to be able to listen to their stories and attitudes, and be able to ask questions.

Oh - and when I need to send money I use xetrade, which I have found to be simple, quick and offers a decent rate :)

Guest Rachel83

Oooh this is kind of handy for me, I have a whopping big overdraft to pay off back in the UK and it's been costing me lots and lots of dollars! Maybe if it can stay down another month or two I can pay it off more quickly...

Archived