Oz credit scoring

Guest gary12

Can anybody tell me how Australia lenders deal with migrants in terms of credit scoring?

Do they take your UK credit rating into account?

The reason why I ask is that I would like to work on short term contracts (3 months ish) when I get there so I wouldn't have a full time employer. Would this screw up our chance of getting a mortgage?

Gary

Guest AndyandAlly

No I don't think they do. If you read the broughtons blog, it will tell you how to go about it.

I think you can take bank statements and credit card bills to show your credit worthy.

Ally

We haven't got a mortgage yet (not going to think about that for a while!) but we have managed to find a rental. Unfortunately our credit rating that we earned in the UK has gone back to zero in Australia. We can't get a credit card yet because neither of us have a job but as soon as we do we can!

We have found that you can use UK bank statements if you still have money in the UK and for rentals, proof of income can simply be your bank statement (as long as it has some money on it.)

A lot of places will ask for your passport, driving licence, bank statements or utility bills. Different evidence carries different points.

Hope this helps a little

Felicity:wubclub:

Archived