Hi!

ASHGOON

hello all!!

old geezer saying hi! just moved over after yrs of umming etc. so i'm ash and i've just moved over with the rest of my family, wife and 3 kids (2 boys 14 and 13, 1 girl 4). i just turned 43 last week so it feels like its really late in the day to be doing this, but got a good job offer so here were are!!

moved into a rental in cherrybrook a few weeks ago (schools for kids good, allegedly), and they start tomorrow, so we finally feel like its all real and we're not here on holiday!

hopefully we'll start using this forum more to get to know people, both online and off. be good to know if there are people round cherrybrook/the hills we could catch up with. looks like i'm going to miss pubs on a sunday, watching arsenal at the grove, drinking out in general!! so would be good to meet some pommies from round here who can tell me what to do to while away the winter blues!!

seeya

Ash

Guest Guest31881

Hi Ash and welcome to PIO.

You do not say but i presume you are talking about Cherrybrook in NSW as someone from QLD i do not know that area very well, but good luck with your new life.

I actually Googled 'Arsenal in Sydney' - all over Sydney I can sense daggers being hurled at my back. It confirmed what I half knew - Gooners meet at Cheers on George St but also at Star City which I did not. You can watch all the games live in either. Cheers is 'funny' - Chelsea on one side, Arsenal on the other, Man City upstairs, other little enclaves. We - Spurs have our own venue - unusual for us to be ahead of Arsenal in anything, much as I hate to say it!

thanks for the comments all!!

yes sorry, in sydney, loving the weather this weekend!!

thanks maryrose02 - i'll forgive the fact you're a spurs fan!! :-)

can you send me the links where u found that info, just in case i can't find it myself? would be good to meet some goooners here!! and if you ever fancy having a good old (friendly!!) argument, i'm up for a north london knees up anytime!!

arsenalaustralia.com.au & I think ozarsenal.com

I just googled 'Arsenal in Sydney'.

Cheers is in George St, City just south of Town Hall Station and the other one is in Darling Harbour, Star City.

Joining OZspurs has been good for me. There's times when I think 'I can't be bothered to go down the pub and watch' but when I do, all these people are pleased to see me, know my name and it's a good feeling.

arsenalaustralia.com.au & I think ozarsenal.com

I just googled 'Arsenal in Sydney'.

Cheers is in George St, City just south of Town Hall Station and the other one is in Darling Harbour, Star City.

Joining OZspurs has been good for me. There's times when I think 'I can't be bothered to go down the pub and watch' but when I do, all these people are pleased to see me, know my name and it's a good feeling.

how do you watch matches at a pub? isn't it too late or are these late closing places?

ps I've got a soft spot for Arsenal - don't have one for Chelsea! perhaps because my dad, whom I thought supported St Albans, admitted he liked Arsenal, probably in the 1930's. Or I liked John Radford for some reason - was he your Jimmy Greaves?

probably our charlie george!!

Archived