Cairns - is it worthwhile bringing furniture

Guest sayafx

Guest sayafx

Hi every one.

We are planning to move to Cairns in Jan 2012.

Having looked at realestate.com.au web site , it looks like there are plenty of good quality furnished accommodation ( apartment complexes with pools , etc) in Cairns. They seem to be reasonable at 350 $ per week. Similar housing unfurnished seems the same price almost.

This makes me wonder if it is worth bringing in furniture from the UK due to costs involved .

Any one who lives in Cairns and knows the area well??

Any one recently been house hunting in Cairns - your experiences would be much appreciated.

My employer is providing me with 3 month furnished accommodation with option of extending it at current market rates but I have not yet received any info on what they will provide . It is likely to be a an apartment complex though which will be of good quality.

thanks guys

Guest The Pom Queen

If you are def coming to Cairns then I would be tempted to rent a furnished property. There aren't many states where you can get a long term furnished rental but there are plenty in Cairns.

I would highly recommend getting in touch with a lady called Sharon Sharon@cairnsassetrealestate.com.au

She is a wonderful lady and works with all the agents in Cairns.

Have you an idea which suburb you are looking at?

Kate