fishing in oz

Guest gregnjo

I remember fishing off the old Learmouth Jetty Bob, ballooning at the time for Macks, and I caught the biggest ever blowie, bloody huge it was, wouldn't have minded so much but I was using live bait at the time which took me ages to catch in the first place,:arghh::arghh:

Cheers Tony.:wink:

An ocean toado, mate...

A bit of 'istory for you... Jimmy Cook nearly died from eating an ocean toado.:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest guest37336
An ocean toado, mate...

A bit of 'istory for you... Jimmy Cook nearly died from eating an ocean toado.:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

Funny you should say that Bob. Watched a fantastic programme last night called, 'Dining With Death', mainly Japan , etc. And the old 'fugu' and 'stonefish' are hugely popular over there, special licenses and the like to prepare the fish, and I must admit it was a huge skill to make sure none of the poison entered the final fillets.

I remember at times mate, especially in WA metro Perth area the blowies were in absolute plague proportions, hate the bloody things.:yes:

Cheers Tony.

Hi everyone,

We are moving to Brisbane in feb 12 and as I am a keen fisherman I have a few questions,

Can I take my fishing gear with me?, obviously not tackle, hooks, line, bait etc but my bivvy, rods, reels, bed chairs and the like.

Also I am in fact a Carp man and I have heard disturbing things about Carp fishing in Oz, can anyone shine some light on that for me?

thanks for reading.

greg

Mate, forgot to add that in Qld, you will need a SIP,(state impoundment permit) and it will cost you the huge figure of $35 a year. This will allow you and your wife to fish in any of 30 dams state wide (7.5 times the size of UK) No licence needed in any rivers, or in the sea.

Cheers, Bobj.

This sort of thing is great mate, a VERY big tinnie that is capable of most things and a great centre console to fish around as well.

12190d1174817551-movable-centre-console-cab-100_3122.jpg

And that'll set you back about $50,000 to $75,000

But perfect for fishing the Whitsundays.fishing1.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived