help re medicals

dinkydoo

My OH had a few issues with alcohol a few years ago and now abstains completely and attends regular AA meetings for support, what are the implications of answering yes to the addiction question on the medical form, do they just question OH in the medical examination, or require further action????

OH is also a diabetic (type2) which is controlled by diet and some medication, there is also a question about diabetes on the form, what further information will they need apart from his medication list, do they contact your GP for information? OH has regular blood tests to check his overall diabetes, would it be a good idea to take these results with us???

Sorry for all the questions we are concerned that this will hold things up for us???

HELP PLEASE:goofy:

Guest cantwaittogo

Hi,

My name is Tina. We went for our medicals in Manchester yesterday. My husband is Type 1 diabetic and we had absolutely no problems at all.

We took all drs / hospital reports from past 10 years with us - got this from our Gp - had to pay £15. - include retinal photography reports.

We also took copies of his latest blood results and urine microalbumin which he had done about 2 weeks before our app.

Basically they just need to see that he is controlled with no problems such as any eye problems, sensation loss etc etc.

I asked our GP to write a letter stating Oh diagnosis and that he attends regualr check ups etc and has had no complications and is complient with meds etc.

the dr said our case will be viewed by Auz medical officers - as per their protocol but we shouldn't have a problem getting in at all.

As for the alcohol - I cant see it being a problem as he is dry now and its in the past.

Good luck - let me know how it goes.

Tina

Archived