Hello, is anyone Perth bound in November?

Evian33

Hi there,

Just jumping on the same topic of an earlier post. Is anyone going to Perth this November? I would love to hear from anyone heading out there, my other half is a Bricklayer and I'm a Beauty Therapist and mum to 3 girls: 8,6 & 3.

We're looking at going on the 11th and am finding it difficult to find accommodation in the Kallaroo/Duncraig area. What is everyone else doing with regards to accommodation? We're looking to stay somewhere temporarily (holiday let) until we can find our rental accommodation.

Also has anyone ever rented out their house out to the MOD? If so what are your experiences? am thinking this may be a possibility as we have various bases here in Wiltshire and Somerset.

I'm flicker between angst and fear that everything will go to plan - so much to do.

How are your move plans going?

:cute:

Guest janeubu

hi ya,we are flying out the 28/12/11 and will be renting out our house...my oh is a chippy,we have no jobs so hopefully there is work for us.its a busy time ahead hey.Have u been to perth yet?

No we haven't we did our reccie in Brisbane at the end of 2008 but they put our then Visa on hold til 2013 so we applied for the State Sponsorship to Perth. Seen and researched lots regarding Perth and my best friends just come back from there. I'm going in November to look around the schools and register them for the next year.

We're the same with jobs but hopefully there will be lots of woek.

Is it just the two of you going?

Guest janeubu
No we haven't we did our reccie in Brisbane at the end of 2008 but they put our then Visa on hold til 2013 so we applied for the State Sponsorship to Perth. Seen and researched lots regarding Perth and my best friends just come back from there. I'm going in November to look around the schools and register them for the next year.

We're the same with jobs but hopefully there will be lots of woek.

Is it just the two of you going?

hi ya,me ,hubby,olly(10)lauren 21 who will be travelling round oz maybe.Did ur friend like perth?:smile:

Hi, we are going september, hubbys employer is putting us up in hotel for first month, i have been looking for a fully furnished rentaltoo and they all seem quite expensive? i am feeling the nerves set in now i worry about my 14 year old son getting settled into school (got to find one first) i have a 7 year old daughter she will make friends no problem she seems to be a magnett for friends bless her.

I have scoured the net and these fourums my head is in a spin! we want to be north suburbs, my hubby will be fly in fly out too so i am not looking forward to being on my own wherever we end up living :confused: i just feel sick to be honest !

JaneUbu - Yes my friend did like Perth so much so that she's is applying for a Visa (her hubby is a Plumber) so she's at the beginning of this journey. I have a Step daughter that will be coming out as well (18)

TTAJ - Yes I know how you feel, we are looking in the same area then. I do agree holiday lets just seem way more expensive than when we went to Brisbane but I will carry on looking. You will be fine, just give yourself time to adjust - easier said than done :-)

Hi Evian33

Thanks i keep trying to think all will be fine, I like to know well in advance what is happening and have a back up plan!, but all seems to be out of my hands, i find it so stressful that i don't have a clue how long my kids will be out of school for,

they have the 6 weeks here then get over there to no school and by the time i find one they will get another big chunk off as it is the Australian end of term :wacko:

Think when i get over there (as house hunting will be my job) many may be in the local papers as i cant find that many good rentals on the net, and it appears to be a fierce market i have read that agents will get people to offer higher than the asking rental to secure the house and that they do open viewings ! sorry for waffling.

I too am a beauty and holistic therapist but i haven't practised for quite a while may end up going back down that line of work if i have too, i work with horses at the moment have done for many years off and on i am hoping to get something with horses over there i find them so rewarding to work with.

Have you had your dates confirmed yet ?

have you sorted a shipping agent ? i don't know what to expect do they come and pack it all for me (hope so that would be fab !!).

regards tracy

Guest scubabud

Hi all

we fly out to Peth 12th November, OH is a painter, we are renting out our house over here and have friends sorting out somewhere for us to stay over in Perth, hope all your moves go ok xxx

Marg x

Archived