SS 176 as a archi draftsman but will work on different field

paris hipon

Hi guys! I hope anyone can reply and help me with this thought. I was thinking since i applied for a 176 ss visa as an architectural draftsman is it possible once i arrive in Australia can I apply for work but not as an architectural draftsperson. Since im an interior designer by profession, i just applied for archi draftsperson since the ielts band reqt is lower. So does anyone know if I can do that apply for different work position from the work i nominated for my ss. Thanks in advance for anyone who will reply!! ;)

Guest jaffarms

Dear Paris, this requires a professional advise, check with your migration agent if you have appointed one. DIAC will enquire about your employment history and if you are working as an Interior Designer and quoting as Architectural Draftsperson might contradict. Please do check with other senior members.

Regards

Jaffar

thanks jaffar for the fast response. I was thinking about this since I have a work experience as an archi draftsman and as an interior designer. It just crossed my mind if anyone has tried to work for a different job position which different from the job they nominated in their state sponsorship.

Has anyone tried that before like if you get a state sponsorship 176 as an architect then when you land in australia can you apply in a different field of work??

Dear Paris, this requires a professional advise, check with your migration agent if you have appointed one. DIAC will enquire about your employment history and if you are working as an Interior Designer and quoting as Architectural Draftsperson might contradict. Please do check with other senior members.

Regards

Jaffar

Guest jaffarms

Dear Paris, if you apply as an architect and obtained your visa, there is no restriction that you have to work as architect only. You are the boss of your own business :)

Cheers

Jaffar

Hi jaffar i have on last question in case you know the answer. ;) I was thinking is it possible if I apply 2 state sponsorship with 2 different occupations. I am qualified for archi draftsman is west aus and the ielts reqt is 7 on all, while in ACT im qualified as an interior designer but ielts reqt is 8 in all parts.

So i was thinking is it possible if I can apply 2 occupations in 2 different states at the same time? and will there be any no problem. Hope for your replies thanks! ;)