ACT/ACS Migration

I would really appreciate some guidance if anyone has ever been in the situation I am currently in.

My family and I are looking to migrate to ACT under SS and back in April 2011 I submitted my skills assessment to ACS for an occupation which showed as being open for ACT.

The ACS came back to me in June 2011 and confirmed that my skills had been assessed as being suitable and I have therefore now started getting ready for submitting my application to ACS for SS (i.e. doing my IELTS etc....).

I have just checked today and the occupation for which ACT have assessed me for is now closed.

Does anyone have any advice as to where I go from here i.e. is it still worth me submitting my application to ACT or should I contact ACS and see if they would assess me for another occupation which is still open without resubmitting an application from scratch again (there are others on the list which my skills would satisfy and which ACS would see based on the assessment they have undertaken - although it would seem daft to resubmit the same documentation just for a different occupation).

Any guidance would be appreciated.

I would really appreciate some guidance if anyone has ever been in the situation I am currently in.

My family and I are looking to migrate to ACT under SS and back in April 2011 I submitted my skills assessment to ACS for an occupation which showed as being open for ACT.

The ACS came back to me in June 2011 and confirmed that my skills had been assessed as being suitable and I have therefore now started getting ready for submitting my application to ACS for SS (i.e. doing my IELTS etc....).

I have just checked today and the occupation for which ACT have assessed me for is now closed.

Does anyone have any advice as to where I go from here i.e. is it still worth me submitting my application to ACT or should I contact ACS and see if they would assess me for another occupation which is still open without resubmitting an application from scratch again (there are others on the list which my skills would satisfy and which ACS would see based on the assessment they have undertaken - although it would seem daft to resubmit the same documentation just for a different occupation).

Any guidance would be appreciated.

You should give the ACT office a call, they are super friendly and will be able to advise you accordingly.

Mat

Guest Heathcote

It certainly sounds like you cut it abit fine... The new SMP occupation list for ACT comes into effect on Monday 11 July 2011. It may be worth you lodging your ACT application before Monday the 11 July 2011. You have nothing to lose (other than the ACT fee) and everything to gain.

Archived